Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 crash

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all. I need Help please

All the sudden my Lightroom 6 crashes everytime i want to import a new picture to process. 

Any idea why this is happening?

I havent updated my mac before, but i now upgraded it now, thought it might help the problem.

It was working fine then just out of the blue it started. 

Thanks 

Michaela 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In what way did you upgrade your Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS big Sur 11.4, but it wasnt working before i upgraded today. Igt was working a few weeks back, then just stopped. Really weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a Windows person with no experience whatsoever with the Mac. I don't know if Lightroom 6 is compatible with Big Sur or not. One thing you do NOT want to do is uninstall Lightroom 6 with the intention of reinstalling it because it will be impossible to reinstall the program. The installer is 32-bit and the OS will not run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, thank you so much for the info. I have not uninstalled it yet. I am not able to use PS6 anymore, but it is still on my computer. Oh well. Is there an upgrade to LR6? I did purchase it a long time ago, i should still be able to use it or re-install it if i ever loos it, or upgrade it at no or little charge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only "upgrade" to Lightroom 6 would be to subscribe to Lightroom Classic. Yes, it is a subscription program, $9.99/month in the US which includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom, and Photoshop. No, there is no other method to "purchase" Lightroom outright anymore. Adobe has changed to a subscription model, and that is the only way the program can be obtained anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ohh ok, Thank you so much for your help.

Have a great day

Michaela 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines