• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 installation issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 6 that I am trying to install on my  computer after my CPU failed. When I try and add my serial number; the app says it is not recognised. How may I change that?

Regards

Charles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The response I have is that the serial number is valid, but a qualifying product could not be found on this computer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you certain that the serial number is for Lightroom 6? Does the serial number begins with the first four digits 1160? Do NOT post the entire serial number!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is the one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without more information, the only thing I can think of is that you have possibly entered the serial number for an older version of Lightroom. Could that be a possibility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I copied and pasted the serial number from I purchased the software. the numbers are 1160-4307-3536...............

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been a long time since I have dealt with serial numbers. I am not connected with Adobe at all, so I don't have any way of accessing any official records. Where did you copy and paste the serial number FROM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not wish to paste allthe numbers for security reasons. I posted the first eight numbers from when I first purchased the product. They are apparently the same numbers from the website. Here are the first 12 numbers. 1160-4307-3536-4507

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"a qualifying product could not be found"

This suggests that you purchased v6 as an "Upgrade" and the "qualifying product" refers to v5 (or any of versions 1-5).

The Installer message means that it cannot find v5 (or earlier) already installed on your system.

The install process for v6 will need TWO Serial Numbers- One for v5 (or earlier) PLUS one for your v6.

You should see a dialog where you can enter the SN of your 'Previous' version and continue the install.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I have the version 4. I will install that and then see if I am able to upgrage to 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines