Highlighted

Lightroom 6 licence issue on my new laptop fixed via Adobe Chat - No. of devices exceeded issue

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem

Lightroom 6 was installed on both my Desktop PC and my laptop with no issue since August 2015 when purchased.  When my laptop died recently I reinsalled LR6 on my new laptop but each time it loaded it warned me it wasn't properly licensed as I had exceeded my license quota and need to remove from one of my devices.  This I was unable to do as my old laptop would no longer boot.

Solution

I had registered my copy of LR6 with Adobe against my email address so I just signed in at https://www.adobe.com/ having reset my password of course :-).  Once signed in I just headed to the bottom right of my account page and clicked on the Contact Adobe link  listed under Helpful Resources  which loaded a chat session with a support person once I'd answered a number of basic questions re. the nature of my query.  Once I'd discussed the issue and provided my serial number I was sent a download link to pull down the LR 6.14 which I duly installed without issue all within the hour so hats of to Adobe Support.  One point to note however is that when trying to licence your product make sure you have your VPN software switched off as Nord VPN in my case stopped tthe Adobe licensing software communicating with their server stating that the internet was unavailable - This is practice is actively encouraged by Adobe apparently during the licensing stage.

Hope this helps someone else as I was advised to post this experience to assit others !

Tim James in the UK

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom 6 licence issue on my new laptop fixed via Adobe Chat - No. of devices exceeded issue

New Here ,
May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem

Lightroom 6 was installed on both my Desktop PC and my laptop with no issue since August 2015 when purchased.  When my laptop died recently I reinsalled LR6 on my new laptop but each time it loaded it warned me it wasn't properly licensed as I had exceeded my license quota and need to remove from one of my devices.  This I was unable to do as my old laptop would no longer boot.

Solution

I had registered my copy of LR6 with Adobe against my email address so I just signed in at https://www.adobe.com/ having reset my password of course :-).  Once signed in I just headed to the bottom right of my account page and clicked on the Contact Adobe link  listed under Helpful Resources  which loaded a chat session with a support person once I'd answered a number of basic questions re. the nature of my query.  Once I'd discussed the issue and provided my serial number I was sent a download link to pull down the LR 6.14 which I duly installed without issue all within the hour so hats of to Adobe Support.  One point to note however is that when trying to licence your product make sure you have your VPN software switched off as Nord VPN in my case stopped tthe Adobe licensing software communicating with their server stating that the internet was unavailable - This is practice is actively encouraged by Adobe apparently during the licensing stage.

Hope this helps someone else as I was advised to post this experience to assit others !

Tim James in the UK

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2020 0

Have something to add?