• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 not recognizing external drive (F:) while importing

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using an exteranl hard drive to store my photos on. They are there when I chech from Explorer but Lr will not. How can i get LR to work with the F:drive again.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your external drive does not show up in Lightroom.

Which version of Lightroom are you using? Did you renamed the F drive recently? 

Have you tried unplugging the drive and reconnected it? You may checkout the suggestions offered in this similar discussion https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/external-hd-not-showing-in-lr-mac/td-p/10758376?pag... and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, and thank you for your info. Yesterday it was under the F:drive and i was able to get my photos to show by using Open resent. But today it shows E:drive. I did not rename the drive it shows F:drive in windowes. I use LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's strange. Are you using 6.14 update of Lightroom? What type of images are you trying to import? 

Do the images show up and import if you copy some them to your desktop and then import them?

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines