Highlighted

Lightroom 6 phones home

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: My Lightroom 6 tries to contact the Adobe, I suppose, web server and fails. It is a nuisance and probably an effort to get me to upgrade. It has only been happening for the last year or so and doesn't happen every time I start L6.

Does anyone know how to stop it? Well, apart from buying Lightroom Classic.

Thanks

Donald

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom 6 phones home

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: My Lightroom 6 tries to contact the Adobe, I suppose, web server and fails. It is a nuisance and probably an effort to get me to upgrade. It has only been happening for the last year or so and doesn't happen every time I start L6.

Does anyone know how to stop it? Well, apart from buying Lightroom Classic.

Thanks

Donald

Topics

Bug, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably trying to check your license, so it's perfectly normal and not "an effort to get you to upgrade".

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Johan, I realized that. But I'm trtying to stop it as it appears to fail all the time. You wonder why the problem exists  seeing as Adobe stopped supporting L6 years ago. Anyway, I see a private email from Support so maybe there is a way.

Thanks

Donald

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines