Highlighted

Lightroom 6 stand alone wiil not open

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to do a system recovery on my loptop.  Now I can't get LR to open after reinstalling it.  Worked fine before that.  Any body got a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom 6 stand alone wiil not open

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to do a system recovery on my loptop.  Now I can't get LR to open after reinstalling it.  Worked fine before that.  Any body got a fix for this.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 25, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Lightroom 6 does not open after a system restore. Let's make it right.

I have seen such cases where apps do not open after system restore. I'd recommend that you take a look at the below articles and let us know if that help:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-not-launching-after-splash-screen.html

If you're on Windows, see https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-doesnt-start.html

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will look at the links you posted. But to make this clear I did not do a system restore. I had to do a system recovery and return my laptop factory default. Everything else on the computer works fine except LR6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And can you provide some more details- about why Lightroom-6 does NOT "work fine".

What operating System?

Is Lightroom-6 installed? What version number?

Where is your Lightroom-6 Catalog?

Where are your Photos stored?

Any there any error messages?

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0.1, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10 Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a system recovery with put the computer back to factory default but saved all my files. Windows 7. This is strange when it was first installed after purchase it did function properly. But it never showed in the hard drive in the uninstall or change program. Everything I ever installed in a computer shows there. It only shows in the files. Don't know the version. I twas released in 3/2017. I am not on the computer it is in. I will try to get catalog location from other computer. All photos moved to external drive. No error messages.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 6.5 2017. Now I found an error code: 16. Catalog is in file named lightroom/data/catalog. Catalog file is empty..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File version 2016.3.17.0

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 0