Highlighted

Lightroom 6 standalone - Problems to log in after backup?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big problem suddenly appeared. In the middle of work as well and I can't get LR started as normal. Appreciate help...

I've got a Lightroom 6 standalone licence and used LR without any kind of problem since my last installation. Normalt start and normal daily usage.

Yesterday I did a backup of both my external disks (with photos) and did a backup on the C-disk (with systemfiles and some saved stuff) as well. Have done this before without any problems. Did all this yesterday evening.

Today LR do not open as usual. It started with asking about Adobe Account and it looked like the program identifes it self as a 'Trial' (accordning to some of the text in the log in info). I just jumped that and LR opened. Had to check again and closed and re-opened. This time I coldn't access the program as this time I couldn't just jump the 'log-in-Adobe-account' popup. 

I don't remeber exactly what happened the first time I run LR after installation, but as a standalone-software it would be strange if I had to connect my strat of LR with logging in to Adobe-account? Anyway - after have runned LR since July (when I got a new computer and re-installed all my software) without ANY kind of login-to-Adobe-Acoount - it don't seem to be correct.

BUT to try to get in (I have work to do!!!) I signed in with my usual Adobe-account (the very same as the one I use on this forum). THEN a 'Turn on 2-step verification' popup tirned up. As I wasn't interested in some 'facility' of using a mobile number 'to verify your identity EVERY TIME YOU SIGN IN'. I use my computer in my private one-man-office and I'm for sure not interested in extra 'login' every time I start LR. Usually several times every day.

BUT (again) this popup is presented as some kind of optional choice as i gives a choice between 'Turn on' and 'Not now' (and info that if I click 'Turn on' I agree to recieving text messages etc etc). I'm NOT interested in that. I'm JUST interested in starting up my licenced LR as I use to. BUT (once more) the 'Not now' option link DOESN't WORK at all!!! I can click it but nothing happens.

I decided NOT to go furthes as I don't want make choices like this - and perhaps sign in some crazy verification routine every time I start LR.

At the moment i'm SO tired. In a stress and was going to do some editing - now I can't do anything. Just have to put out the question here. Hopefully someone can guide me here. Just NEED to get on with my editing.

BTW. My backup of C was a regular syncronize between the original and the backup disk. So my original C-disk should be untouched. However - some of my menu icons (Win10 the personal menu part) disappeared from that menu instance (just the shortcuts of course, not the programs). The startup process of LR shouldn't be changed at all and I can't see any logic in what is happening. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom 6 standalone - Problems to log in after backup?

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big problem suddenly appeared. In the middle of work as well and I can't get LR started as normal. Appreciate help...

I've got a Lightroom 6 standalone licence and used LR without any kind of problem since my last installation. Normalt start and normal daily usage.

Yesterday I did a backup of both my external disks (with photos) and did a backup on the C-disk (with systemfiles and some saved stuff) as well. Have done this before without any problems. Did all this yesterday evening.

Today LR do not open as usual. It started with asking about Adobe Account and it looked like the program identifes it self as a 'Trial' (accordning to some of the text in the log in info). I just jumped that and LR opened. Had to check again and closed and re-opened. This time I coldn't access the program as this time I couldn't just jump the 'log-in-Adobe-account' popup. 

I don't remeber exactly what happened the first time I run LR after installation, but as a standalone-software it would be strange if I had to connect my strat of LR with logging in to Adobe-account? Anyway - after have runned LR since July (when I got a new computer and re-installed all my software) without ANY kind of login-to-Adobe-Acoount - it don't seem to be correct.

BUT to try to get in (I have work to do!!!) I signed in with my usual Adobe-account (the very same as the one I use on this forum). THEN a 'Turn on 2-step verification' popup tirned up. As I wasn't interested in some 'facility' of using a mobile number 'to verify your identity EVERY TIME YOU SIGN IN'. I use my computer in my private one-man-office and I'm for sure not interested in extra 'login' every time I start LR. Usually several times every day.

BUT (again) this popup is presented as some kind of optional choice as i gives a choice between 'Turn on' and 'Not now' (and info that if I click 'Turn on' I agree to recieving text messages etc etc). I'm NOT interested in that. I'm JUST interested in starting up my licenced LR as I use to. BUT (once more) the 'Not now' option link DOESN't WORK at all!!! I can click it but nothing happens.

I decided NOT to go furthes as I don't want make choices like this - and perhaps sign in some crazy verification routine every time I start LR.

At the moment i'm SO tired. In a stress and was going to do some editing - now I can't do anything. Just have to put out the question here. Hopefully someone can guide me here. Just NEED to get on with my editing.

BTW. My backup of C was a regular syncronize between the original and the backup disk. So my original C-disk should be untouched. However - some of my menu icons (Win10 the personal menu part) disappeared from that menu instance (just the shortcuts of course, not the programs). The startup process of LR shouldn't be changed at all and I can't see any logic in what is happening. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mickes LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DON'T KNOW what is happening but it seems like things got right.

BUT no logic and I really hate when computers don't behave the same way every time.

The last mentioned popup (the verification choice) had as I said a link that didn't work and one I didn't intend to use. However, the normal close X in upper right corner didn't work so I had to close the 'Adobe Application manager' on OS-level.

Anyhow. After closing it down I once more started LR. Once again it started with identifying with my Adobe Account BUT this time another popup that clearly stated I had a 7 day trial period, together with the option to 'Buy licence'. Clicked that and could register my licencenumber (wasn't possible the three times I tryed as above). Did that, LR started and re-started without any popups. So it seems like it runs as before.

This HAS have to have something to do with the C-disk backup yesterday. Even if that backup shouldn't do anything with files on the systemdisk it must have. LR reacted as a new installation I guess. At least as it behaved the last and successful login that ended up with register licence key. But what the first popups intended I really don't know. And I expect a software to behave the same every time you start as long as you don't change anything. Well - it works now. That's the important thing at the moment. But I donät know if I dare to backup the C-disk again....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines