• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom added lots of folders with no images

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom added lots of folders from my hardrive that I didn't import into lightroom and do  not contain images. I can't remove these folders and can't find the folders I once had with images.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing you have said makes sense.

Which Version of Lightroom?

Where do you see "Folders"?

Nothing is added unless you 'Import'. And 'Import' will only add Photos to a catalog.

Make a screen-clip to show us what you are seeing. It can help get you an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the folders on this drive under Folders have taken non image folders from my hard drive. I have highlighted some on the attached screen shot.
The folders do not have any images on them, but I can't delete those folders.
I did not intentionally import these folders, it is something that has happened since Version 10.
I've checked the image folders I do have on this drive, they have images when viewed in explorer but don't show under the Lightroom folders
Cheers
Brian

Untitled.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dropbox may be the problem!

Not a good idea to have photos in Dropbox folders. If the photos are not on the local hard-drive Lightroom will not find them. (Is it possible that Dropbox has 'moved' the photos off 'Local' and into offline storage only?

Also I see the 'Missing Photos' is showing 63299 missing- Do you know the reason for this?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines