• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

lightroom.adobe.com download question

Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am actually using lightroom.adobe.com with Lightroom Classic, so I hope this is the right place for this question because it is really about lightroom.adobe.com on the web.

I'm using lightroom.adobe.com for the first time as a client source. For proofing, it was great! Easy to set up with a synced collection, and easy for the client to access and like the photos he wanted.

I was going to put his final photos there for him as well. However, when I tested it for dowloading photos, the photos downloaded from lightroom.adobe.com were about 1/3 the size of the photos if I export them directly from Lightroom Classic.

My question is has anyone used lightroom.adobe.com as a place to deliver final photos to your client, and if so, how do you get them to be high enough resolution?

If you think this question belongs in the Lightroom Classic forum instead of here, let me know and I'll move it there.

Thanks,

Marcy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

When you sync a collection from Classic to view, share, edit, comment etc. you are working with Smart Previews (smaller jpgs of original) and the changes are synced to your master catalog.

Therefore when you Allow Download for your client, as you found when you tested – they will not be getting the original high-res images. In this workflow, once your client has indicated which images they want at full-res you will need to export them from  your Classic catalog and send them via a service like Fi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you sync a collection from Classic to view, share, edit, comment etc. you are working with Smart Previews (smaller jpgs of original) and the changes are synced to your master catalog.

Therefore when you Allow Download for your client, as you found when you tested – they will not be getting the original high-res images. In this workflow, once your client has indicated which images they want at full-res you will need to export them from  your Classic catalog and send them via a service like Firefox Send or Wetransfer.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is sort of what I thought. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you also install Lightroom Desktop (Cloud) then you should be able to just import the full res into

that and they will overwrite the Smart Previews in the  Cloud, retaining edits.

They can then download these.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alternatively, upload the full res files by dragging and dropping them into lightroom.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines