• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and image storage on phones

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom Cloud and also on my desktop. I want to install Lightroom on my phone but am concerned about how it will affect the free memory in my phone.

So my question is, will every image stored on the cloud also be stored on my phone? It seems that the phone storage capacity will be quickly used up. 

Dave

Faces of Indonesia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2021 May 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, only thumbnails and lower res Smart Previews will download to your phone.

If you access a photo in Loupe Mode then this will trigger the Original to be downloaded from the Cloud to perform the edit.

However, to save space you have the choice in Settings to 'Only Download Smart Previews'.

Full res files will also be present in the App if imported locally into Lightroom Mobile.

The app manages its own space based and will remove Originals locally overtime based on a number of variables.

If you do find the space creeping up, you can 'Clear Cache' in Settings which should force the removal of Originals in the local library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines