Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and Photoshop Problems with Apple M1

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i have 2 Problems with our Macbook Air M1 with Lightroom CC 4.1 and Photoshop 22.1.1. 

The Lightroom CC Library is on the internal SSD, the original files are saved on a external bigger SSD and also synced to the Creative Cloud.

1st Problem: If i use "Edit in Photoshop" with a file in Lightroom CC, edit the file in Photoshop, save and close it, it is not transfered back to Lightroom CC.

If i start Lightroom CC with "Rosetta" and not as a native M1-Application the files are transfered correct back to Lightroom CC. But then there is the next Problem:

2nd Problem: If i use "Edit in Photoshop", edit the file in Photoshop, create some layers, save and close it and open it with "Edit in Photoshop" in Lightroom CC again, all Layers are gone in Photoshop. There is only a background layer.

The only workaround for me is to export the file as a tif from Lightroom CC and open it with Photoshop in the Finder.

Then i can see all Layers in Photoshop.

Does anyone have the same Problems?

With our old iMac we did not have those problems...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problems and it is very annoying.. 

Allso when i search for the edited photoshop file, i cannot find it.. 

I hope they fix this ASAP... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came here looking for this answer as well. It seems to save it in a temporary folder and the only way to get to it is go through the adobe folder and extract it and reimport to LR. Hopefully a fix is on the way. I see this was created in January and no fix yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to Lightroom v4.2.  The bug was declared as fixed.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-desktop-cloudbased/lightroom-desktop-photosho...

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/whats-new-lightroom-2021-03/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issues with the new M1 Max. 

When I open a file from Lightroom in photoshop, make my edits, save and close, the image does not appear back in Lightroom but if I try to close Lightroom I get a message that says "Photosohop edit in progress." The message does not go away even after waiting for hours. It seems that the problem can be replicated when you add multiple layers in Photoshop.

Using 5.4 Lightroom and 23.2.2 Photoshop with tiff settings on ZIP compression

When I work on my MacbookPro Intel i7 I do not get this issue at all. 

What is the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines