• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom and printing

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it not possbile to print in the newest version of Lightroom? I know you can print in classic, but if that application stops working after Mac 10.15, what are you suppost to do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Unfotunately it’s not yet possible to print from Lightroom (Cloud).

You can add your vote here which may help prioritise this feature: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/printing-from-lightroom-cc-cloud

I can’t see Classic being discontinued for a very long time, if ever, or at least until Classic and Cloud are morphed together. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just can't believe that printing was totally omitted. That seems bizarre to me.

As far as Classic is concerned, I'm under the impression that it will no longer work on the upcoming MacOS. Hopefully Adobe updates it so it will. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m sure they will as Catalina’s not at full release yet.

Another option would be to export (Save To) and print from Preview on Mac OS, but obviously this hasn’t got as much control as Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wherever did you get that impression, Lightroom Classic is a current application that is still being marketed and is expected to be updated. In any event, if you have applications on your existing operating system that is critical for your work surely you would check and test before upgrading. 

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "I can’t see Classic being discontinued for a very long time, if ever, or at least until Classic and Cloud are morphed together.
Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote "I can’t see Classic being discontinued for a very long time, if ever, or at least until Classic and Cloud are morphed together." For sure the new Lightroom (cloud based application) still has considerable developments and features to be added to enable it to be considered a replacement for Lightroom Classic which is a true tried, tested and proven application which is deserving of the "Classic" title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Maybe, just thinking out of the box, Lightroom will eventually have a print option but it may not be where you will be printing to your own physical printer but to a Cloud based printing service with delivery to your home or office. Just a thought since I do not have any knowledge of this being contemplated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines