• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom black preview, but image ok APL 3.4, Mac 10.14.6

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd situation.  Everything in Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.4 is fine, including the cloud.  Problem is SOME of my photos (consistently the same photos) simply show no thumbnail.  Their star rating is there, and most importantly everything is there when I double click on it.  I've found no way of 'rebuilding' my preview file.  Everything is updated including RAW updates.  Mac 10.14.6. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that  Lightroom Desktop 3.4 is showing random black previews of images in Library on your Mac running OS 10.14.6.

Would you mind unchecking the option "use graphics processor" under the Preferences> Performance menu and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your response.  I tried varations of that and it did not work.  New note, switching from "square grid" to "photo grid" makes some of them appear.  Even more appear when I zoom in full while using photo grid.  But zooming out I lose them again...and loose the majority on "square grid".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind resetting the Lightroom app preferences to default? Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.(Mac) or Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys while starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that including confirming to restore preferences on the dialog box.  That did not help.  Exact same issues as before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What all external devices do you have connected to your computer? Would you mind removing them and check if the issue still persists?

Also, do you have pending sync in Lightroom? Check the top right area and click the cloud icon to reveal the sync status.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines