• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom: Cannot import, export edit images and import presets

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have really been annoyed with my version of Lightroom lately.  I have lost the ability to edit anything.  The + button to add photos is grayed out and I cannot import or export anything.  I have been unable to download presets as well.  Getting frustrated here!  I have uninstalled and re-installed the program that I paid for back in July, and now it doesn't want to work at all.  Not happy.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're unable to import or export images in Lightroom on your computer. 

Which version of Lightroom are you using and what is your computer's OS? Lightroom Classic or Lightroom Desktop?

Are you getting any error message while importing images? Do you have any external devices like hard drive, card, camera or phone connected to your computer?

Would you mind restoring Lightroom Classic app preferences to default and let us know if the issue still persists? Please refer this article for step by step instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/setting-preferences-lightroom.html#restore_preferences_to_def...

For Lightroom Desktop, Press and hold the Shift + Option + Delete keys.(Mac) or Press and hold the Shift + Alt keys while  starting Lightroom. A dialog box should appear asking you restore the preferences.

Thanks, 

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. I am using 4.1 version of Lightroom as that was what was sent to me when I paid for the program. My OS is Windows 10 and I operate Lightroom from my desktop (who would want to edit photos on their android or iPhone?)

I have tried holding down the CTRL and ALT keys while launching Lightroom and clicked “yes” when asked if I wanted to default to original settings. It did nothing. The +Add Photos feature is still grayed out.

Thank you
Debra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines