• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cannot start anymore

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since yesterday Lightroom does not start anymore. When I start the app I see the following 2 error messages:

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

And when I press OK after this last error message, I see an empty Lightroom with a buggy top Menu window as seen in the screenshot below:

Screenshot_3.png

I have uninstalled both Lightroom and Creative Cloud completely. I used the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe before rebooting and reinstalling everything again. Ligthroom is still unable to start unfortunately. Please note I do not use any VPN.

I do not know what to do next. Please help.

Thanks,

fred

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fred,

I am moving this query to Lightroom — The cloud-based photo service​ community, experts here will be able to assist you better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you just updated to version 2.3 from Creative Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have indeed – this is when the bug started to appear. Please note this is happening on Windows only. I have no problem with the newer 2.3 release on Mac.

I manually re-installed the 2.2 on Windows through the Creative Cloud menu (see screenshot below), and Lightroom was able to start normally. When it asked me to update it to 2.3 I gave it a try and unfortunately the bug was still there, unable to start.

I downgraded again to 2.2 and it is now stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is sometimes a Windows system problem.

Check from the control panel that you have all of the c++ redistributable components installed – see image below.

Glad to hear the latest version is working for you on Mac.

This is an older but similar thread.

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9380286

MS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 99jon

I have checked and by the look of it I have indeed all the C++ components, see screenshot below.

Any idea is something is missing in the list?

Screenshot_4.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines