Highlighted

Lightroom Catalogs are saving at 500MB+

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom catalogs are all saving as 500MB+ all of a sudden.

I am a LR editor for photographers and when I download my clients catalogs, initially their file sizes look correct for the amount of images they have but, when I open the catalog in my Lightroom, the catalog size massively increases straight away to over 500MB. As one example, I have a catalog and smart previews with only 4 images in it but, when I opened it in my Lightroom, the Catalog file size increased to 500MB. 

Does anyone know why it's doing this suddenly or knows how to fix it? 

Thanks!

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 8.3.1 version with Mojave OS.

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, FAQ, Feature request, How to, Import and share, Mac, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom Catalogs are saving at 500MB+

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Lightroom catalogs are all saving as 500MB+ all of a sudden.

I am a LR editor for photographers and when I download my clients catalogs, initially their file sizes look correct for the amount of images they have but, when I open the catalog in my Lightroom, the catalog size massively increases straight away to over 500MB. As one example, I have a catalog and smart previews with only 4 images in it but, when I opened it in my Lightroom, the Catalog file size increased to 500MB. 

Does anyone know why it's doing this suddenly or knows how to fix it? 

Thanks!

I'm using Lightroom Classic CC 8.3.1 version with Mojave OS.

Topics

Bug, Crash or freeze, Download and install, FAQ, Feature request, How to, Import and share, Mac, Performance, Presets or profiles, Problem or error, Sync, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?