• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC, 2 photos "sync pending" but there are no photos syncing

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with Lightroom CC: it says that there are 2 photos pending sync, but when I filter photos by sync status it shows there are no photos pending sync.

Photos and edits are syncing fine from desktop to mobile and vice versa, all seems to be working normally. It's just these two non-existent photos that are "syncing" on desktop... not really an absolutely critical issue as everything else is working as usual, but irritating nonetheless.

I've tried restarting my computer, restarting Lightroom CC, logging out and then in again... the only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling Lightroom CC, but I don't really want to have to do that for such a minor issue. If it carries on for much longer I'll have to give it a go, but before I resort to that... anyone have any ideas?!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

I get this issue from time to time.

I found that it happens when there are deleted pictures that have not synced. Search doesn't look in the 'deleted' folder. 

If you go into the 'deleted' folder you can find them (no blue tick). If you manually wipe them from deleted then the 'sync pending' goes away, but they never sync otherwise.

It's clearly a bug - must be connected to whether you delete them whilst syncing or something - but the sync ought to finish even though they are in deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this issue from time to time.

I found that it happens when there are deleted pictures that have not synced. Search doesn't look in the 'deleted' folder. 

If you go into the 'deleted' folder you can find them (no blue tick). If you manually wipe them from deleted then the 'sync pending' goes away, but they never sync otherwise.

It's clearly a bug - must be connected to whether you delete them whilst syncing or something - but the sync ought to finish even though they are in deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this! I've had this issue for a week or so now and couldn't find a solution. I recently set it up so that I can import into Lightroom for the cloud features and then everything syncs to Lightroom Classic so that I can use the more advanced editing tools. All my photos synced but Lightroom was constantly trying to sync 11 photos. Filtering for the syncing photos just gave me that black hole screen saying there weren't any results. Clearing out my deleted folder fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great I am glad it helped you. I fixed mine last week and now I have 2
more that refuse to siyc. But now I know how to fix it 🙂 Have a great
day.

Dave Quillman
512-680-4852 Cell
davequillman@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thank you so much, that was the issue! I had over 1000 images in there, and since you can't filter the deleted folder to find syncing photos, I just deleted them all - they are all backed up anyways - and it solved it. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, 29 photos stuck synching for several weeks.  Filtering for synching photos came up with a black hole, no synching photos.  Per the suggestions in this thread, I permanently deleted the photos in the deleted folder, and the issue went away.

As suggested above, it seems that search doesn't look for synching photos in the deleted folder, and because they are deleted, they will never be synched.

It must be that I deleted some photos before they were fully synched.  My workflow is to load all my new photos to Lightroom, and then delete the ones I know that I will never want again.  I'll be more careful about this in the future.

I suppose the problem would eventually go away as the deleted photos aged and were automatically deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stuck syncing 2 photos. I permanently deleted ALL photos in the deleted folder. Didn't fix it/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2022 Jan 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! It's still saying 1 is syncing and it's seriously messing up my exporting of large photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines