• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom cc 2019 file import

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import all the images I have taken and Lightroom automatically detects that some images are duplicates and does not select them for import.  This happens even when I toggle "Select All".  How do I force the import of every image?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these really duplicates? If so, why would you want to import them again? You can create a duplicate in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all respect, it doesn't matter why I want to import "duplicates" I want to import all the images ... I want to choose which ones to use not an AI program that thinks it recognizes duplicates. In-camera there are slight differences that I can see between the images but yet Lightroom believes them to be duplicated.  So the question remains, how do you force LightroomCC to import all the images? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Lightroom does not have some AI that determines whether or not images are duplicates based on image content. It only checks for real duplicates, so images with the same name, same capture time, etcetera. That's why I asked. If they are not duplicates, then I have no suggestion.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is interesting but I don't understand then how LR determines if an image is a duplicate?? If I take a burst of, let's say, sports images they would all be identified as duplicates, yes? they would all be taken at essentially the same time.  The camera names each image differently so that should not have any barring on them being identified as duplicates.  Today I was taking some landscape images and kept the settings of the camera the same.  I was taking some longer exposures and wanted to be sure that I captured an image without motion blur.  I forgot a tripod and was attempting to hold the camera steady thus the reason to take multiple images of the same subject.  Thank you for your replies

Walter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom should only check for real duplicate files, based on file name and capture date/time. It should leave bursts alone, because the file name is different. Maybe the problem arises if the camera does not record milliseconds in the EXIF data, so Lightroom sees no difference in capture time in a burst.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that might be the case. The odd thing is that it does not happen with LR classic 2019 only with LR cloud.  I believe that it must be a "bug" 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report it at https://feedback.photoshop.com. This is a user-to-user forum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

with all due respect, I know this is a user forum. I posted here to see if someone could help me.  Thanks, I will report this. 

Walter 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines