• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 3.0 not exporting camera, lens or exposure information in JPEGs.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 3.0 not exporting camera, lens or exposure information in JPEGs. Just installed 3.0 today, November 5, 2019.  I tried several different cameras. Same missing metadata on all of the files exported. Yes, I checked my setting and it is set to export all metadata. My workflow is (now was?) import raw to Lightroom CC, export JPEGs to Apple Photos for any further editing and permanant storage and display. I really need that lens, camera and exposure information for my smart albums, and ... just because, which is the best reason, of course.

Anyone else wth this situation? Any solutions yet?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

My bad! I guess the radio button was indeed set to "copyright only." That is, it must have "slipped" back to that. Now I export via the File/Export dialog (shift-command E) where the "More options" drop down menu is a visible reminder for me to check that on every export. 

Thanks for helping me trouble shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not seeing this problem. I just tested the export of 1 jpeg from a Sony raw file. I then imported it into Lightroom Classic and can see all of the EXIF data is present – see image below.

EXIF.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Well, that's good news.  Then I suspect the metadata is still there, but perhaps on my Apple macOS Catalina platform there is some incompatibility?  Using Preview/Tools/Inspector the data is missing, too. As it is with external metadata viewers on my iOS devices. I'm puzzled now for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My bad! I guess the radio button was indeed set to "copyright only." That is, it must have "slipped" back to that. Now I export via the File/Export dialog (shift-command E) where the "More options" drop down menu is a visible reminder for me to check that on every export. 

Thanks for helping me trouble shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines