• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and Classic

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really screwed up and have a tremendous mess - hope someone can help me.  I installed LR Classic and imported thousands of photos.  I then migrated to LR CC.  Since then I have added thousands of new photos through LR CC.  I now have photos everywhere.  The new photos are not in classic which has a folder/album structure which is totally out of date with my LR CC structure (I have done all of the work for the past two years in CC).  I would like to clean this up but have no idea how as I know you cannot migrate back to Classic.

I really would appreciate some advice!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Lightroom.]

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you migrated your images to Lightroom (there is no Lightroom CC anymore) you essentially turned control of your entire Lightroom library over to that version. Lightroom Classic takes a backseat. The two programs definitely have different methods for organizing images. The big question is, what is it that you want to clean up? It isn't possible to have Lightroom and Lightroom Classic folder structures mirror each other. They are different programs designed for different purposes. Which one do you really want to use, and how do you want to use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for reply.  Sorry about the nomenclature on Lightroom.  My issue is due to the fact that I started in Classic and then proceeded to recreate folders and albums in Lightroom.  I now have such a mess in that many of the photos I have modified in Photoshop are the smart previews and not the originals which means I am still stuck with Classic, which I don't use.  I have so many duplicates and it seems the only way to clean it it up is to go By Date section of LR and make sure I get the original into my album.  I figure this project is going to take months to accomplish!  At some point I would like to dump Classic but I am afraid to do that in that those photos in my LR albums will be disconnected.  The fact that many of my photos were imported through iPhoto has only exacerbated the problem!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines