• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC and old Lr5 catalogs

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a trial version of Lightroom CC. I've been using Lightroom 5. How do I import my Lr5 catalog into CC, or do I have to purchase Classic CC and use that? The information pages at Adobe and the forums are incredibly unhelpful at finding answers on this issue. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

You have to either upgrade to Classic or get a trial of it (depending on your Subscription Plan) to Migrate your Catalog to the Cloud Based Lightroom CC:

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are used to Lr5, I suppose you will be best of with Lr Classic CC. But as you are using the trial, you could try both... and decide which one is best.

I will move this question from Adobe Creative Cloud​ to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service​ to get your initial question asked.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to either upgrade to Classic or get a trial of it (depending on your Subscription Plan) to Migrate your Catalog to the Cloud Based Lightroom CC:

Migrate photos and videos from Lightroom Classic CC to Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Selondon. I had come to that conclusion too, so I have now got Classic. Why on earth there was nothing to state that simple, plain, fact anywhere visible on Adobe's site is disappointing--I could have saved myself a lot of time. Again, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just make sure you read it thoroughly as there are quite a few caveats and important processes to do (including making collections of folders so these convert to CC albums). Hope it goes okay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines