• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC creative cloud

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First I don't agree with how Lightroom CC will autosync to cloud, and you can't disable it (only can pause it).

Why can't it allow manual selection of specific photos you want to upload to cloud?

Really poor UX from my experience.

Other than that I really enjoy the simple editing functions in Lightroom CC over Classic. But this auto-sync is really driving me nuts.

ALSO, there doesn't seem to be an option to entirely delete the photos from Lightroom cloud anymore. I saw a thread where that was available on the web version but that option is no longer available (on the web version).

TO summarize. I just want to clear my Creative Cloud of all the photos Lightroom CC has automatically uploaded without asking. And then I want to manually decide what photos to upload.

I can't see who would want everything automatically uploaded.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I happened to figure this out on my own.

You can CTRL+A in the Web version of Lightroom to delete all the Cloud files. Why isn't this option more obvious like before?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First I don't agree with how Lightroom CC will autosync to cloud, and you can't disable it (only can pause it).

Looks to me as the center piece of the Lightroom environment. If you do not want uploading pictures to the cloud (automatically) you will need to choose Lightroom Classic.

I wouldn't trust the delete as this triggers removal of the pictures on your device ...

Quote:

To delete a photo from your photo library, select the photo and choose Edit > Delete Photo. Remember that if you delete a photo, it will be removed from the Cloud and from all your synced devices. So it’s a good idea to make a copy of that photo outside of Lightroom before you delete it from Lightroom.

End Quote.

A certain number of functions are only available when connected to the cloud and I'm pretty sure that those need the pictures to be in the cloud. The local copy of the pictures that you can have is for me only a cache for ease of use...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines