Lightroom CC Deleting Photos

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Surface Book and I was wondering how I can delete the photo library on my hard drive. it is taking up to much space.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC Deleting Photos

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Surface Book and I was wondering how I can delete the photo library on my hard drive. it is taking up to much space.

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 29, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joe,

Try doing to the preferences and setting the Use Photo Cache Size Equal To % Of Your Remaining Disk Space to a lower percentage.

Lightroom CC preferences

Restart the application and you should see a reduction in the locally stored cache.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 29, 2019 1
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, within Preferences, make sure the tickboxes to Store Originals and Smart Previews locally is unticked.

Additionally, electing to Store an Album Locally would take up space on your hard drive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 1
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lr CC stores your original photos in the cloud. Your hard drive may be filled up for other reasons. Check the preference settings mentioned by selondon​ first. These will help minimize the amount of data being downloaded to your computer from Lightroom CC.

After you import your photos to LrCC on your surface pro, you can remove them from the computer. I recommend moving them to an external hard drive for safe keeping, before deleting them from the computer. Are your original photos still on the surface pro, after you imported them into Lightroom?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 1