• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC fails to upload image

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found firstly that the Lightroom CC iOS app crashes a lot. I’ve had a number of instances where it was in the middle of uploading images and crashed and it gets itself into a state where it thinks the image is fully uploaded but it is not and there’s no way to get it to properly upload the image. The result is that I have no cloud backup of it and can’t make the image available in Adobe Portfolio or in Lightroom on any of my other devices.

For images with this problem, I’ve looked at the “extended infos” for the image from the device it was uploaded from and there’s no useful debugging info there as the images have check marks next to all items.

On other devices, Lightroom shows the image as a blank spot in the album with an exclamation mark in the cloud icon.

On Adobe Portfolio it simply doesn’t include the image in the album.

So while the device the image was uploaded from thinks everything is fine, other devices know it’s not.

Firstly, it seems that the only way to know something is wrong is to check the album using LR on another device or to see that the image is missing from the album on Adobe Portfolio. The device the image was uploaded from should know the image is not properly back up since other devices seem to.

Secondly, if it could know of this state it could ensure the image is fully backed up. At the very least there should be a way to manually force a backup of the image.

The workaround seems to be to have to delete the image from LR and reimport it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How  much free space do you have in your  CC account and on the  device that you're having a problem with importing? Also just to clarify - where are you deleting the image from? Which device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best way to know if an image is uploaded and backed up in the cloud is to visit lightroom.adobe.com and log into your account. You will see everything in your Lightroom cloud here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines