• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC group Raw+Jpg

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Lightroom CC but I have come accross my first major annoyance, in Lightroom classic when importing from my cameras which shoot raw+jpg simultaneously the import grouped the raw and jpeg so only one file was visible but the thumbnail informed you it was raw+jpeg. Where is this option in Lightroom CC and don't say use the filter that is not a viable workaround, as sometimes I have made quick canges to the camera settings which meant it would shoot either one or the other and one of my cameras if I decide to use the screen instead of the viewfinder shoots jpeg only. It also makes removing unwanted shots a pain as in classic you remove the raw+jpeg at the same time in CC you have to delete each version. CC is supposed to be a step forward not backwards.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom (CC) is not supposed to be a step forward from Lightroom Classic. That is a common misunderstanding. Lightroom (CC) is a different app aimed at different people, who problably don't shoot raw+jpeg that much. Lightroom Classic is alive and kicking and is not obsolete, so stick to Lightroom Classic if that better suits your workflow. 

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I agree that they maybe aimed at a slightly different audience but CC is great for people on the move proffessional and amateurs alike. As for shooting raw+jpeg most good quality hobbyist cameras these days shoot raw and have the option for raw+jpeg which is great for hobbyist shooters as you immediatly get a feel for what the shot looks like and can also share it on social media etc straight away. I use my workhorse DSLR's when I have some serious shooting to do but when I am on holiday or just going out and need something small have an EOS M and just like its cousins from Canon, Nikon Fuji etc it shoots raw . All the big manufacturers are selling sub £400 cameres that can shoot raw+jpeg and most magazines are promoting this heavily.

So Adobe please add this as an option I love the move to more mobile applications I use an ipad Pro and performance with photoshop and lightroom is amazing. I would think its easy to do if a file has the same name but different extension then merge the display. I suppose the alternative is to shoot raw only I may look at that in the meantime.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom 5 for years. I recently purchased a Nikon D850 and all hell broke loose. Trying to download a fix so Lightroom 5 would read my D850 RAW files was a lesson in disappointment. A call to support didn't help matters because I could barely understand the person on the other end, and what they told me was I "have" to now use Lightroom CC in order to be able to import my RAW files..

The question is, if I purchase Lightroom 6 from one of the few people who still have the CD for sale, will 

Lightroom 6 be able to import RAW files from my Nikon D850?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you are probably experiencing is that the raw format file is a newer version and maybe even LR6 won't be able to read those files it all depends on when Nikon update the raw file in comparison to when the version of LR was available.

You could go for LR classic of of course go for CC that will suport all the versions of raw files currently available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you purchase Lightroom 6, and then make sure you install the 6.14 update (which was the last/final update released for Lightroom 6) then you will have support for the Nikon D850. You will not have all the features that Lightroom now has, and you will not ever have any more updates for the program. Also of note that as operating systems change Lightroom  6 will possibly become unusable. But that is a risk that you will have to consider. The 6.14 update is available online from the following link from Adobe:

Link to Lightroom 6 download 

It's listed under 2015 Apps. Although it doesn't indicate such, it will be the 6.14 update. But you will need a serial number in order to activate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines