• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - How do I save my work before closing the app?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. Two or three times now I've shot down the application, and when I reopen it, the file I was working on is several changes behind. How do I manually save my work? Thanks. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't and you don't need to. Edits are automatically saved. There was a bug that changes would not be saved if you quit Lighroom with the image still open in the edit window, but that bug has been fixed. So make sure you've updated to the latest version.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I updated to the latest version two nights ago, and this has happened twice. I want to use the tool with some confidence, but this is frustrating that it keeps losing my latest edits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report it at the feedback forums. This is a user-to-user forum.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file can I check to see when changes were last modified? Isn't there a catalog file or some such, and where is it located? Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edits are automatically saved when working in the Lightroom applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are except when they're not, which is my experience at the moment. I will report it as an issue or bug in the appropriate forum, however I would still like to know where Lightroom CC stores file modifications on my file system. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom does not store those on your system, but in the cloud. If it can't access the cloud, they are cached in the Library.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It save automatically I think there is some sort of cache errors on your end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines