Highlighted

Lightroom CC importing all NEF Raw files over exposed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import new photos to lightroom cc it imports them over exposed with exposure at +1.39 EV, Contrast +5, Blacks +10. It just started doing it today. It only imports over exposed in Raw NEF format and not when imported as Jpeg.  Anyone having the same problem or did i hit a setting by mistake? Or was there an update that has effected RAW NEF files. I also imported the same files into lightroom classic and they look fine and are not over exposed. I rely on Lightroom cc and don't know what I should do to resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC importing all NEF Raw files over exposed

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import new photos to lightroom cc it imports them over exposed with exposure at +1.39 EV, Contrast +5, Blacks +10. It just started doing it today. It only imports over exposed in Raw NEF format and not when imported as Jpeg.  Anyone having the same problem or did i hit a setting by mistake? Or was there an update that has effected RAW NEF files. I also imported the same files into lightroom classic and they look fine and are not over exposed. I rely on Lightroom cc and don't know what I should do to resolve this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neumy,

That shouldn't be happening as Lightroom is importing images and changing their exposure unexpectedly.

Could you please let us know the version of Lightroom and operating system you're working on?  To verify the version you're using : Choose Help > System Info.

Also, please provide us a screenshot of the Lightroom import window and the imported images illustrating the issue.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 22, 2019 0