Highlighted

Lightroom CC is repeatedly saving imported profiles as presets

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have some VSCO LUT profiles that I have been attempting to import as profiles into Lightroom CC.

When I attempt to import them directly from the profiles pane, Lightroom doesn't recognise their .cube file format.

I've got around this so far by successfully importing them as profiles into Photoshop CC.

Here they work perfectly, but it's a hassle. I can export a picture from Lightroom to Photoshop, apply a VSCO profile, and return to Lightroom to continue editing.

I have since tracked down the .xmp file Photoshop generated for a VSCO profile and attempted to import it as a profile to Lightroom, again, from the profile pane. Now, Lightroom imports it, but saves it as a preset rather than a profile, meaning I have no control over the intensity.

Does anyone know how on earth I can actually import these things as profiles in Lightroom? Surely it shouldn't be this hard...

Cheers

Callum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC is repeatedly saving imported profiles as presets

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

I have some VSCO LUT profiles that I have been attempting to import as profiles into Lightroom CC.

When I attempt to import them directly from the profiles pane, Lightroom doesn't recognise their .cube file format.

I've got around this so far by successfully importing them as profiles into Photoshop CC.

Here they work perfectly, but it's a hassle. I can export a picture from Lightroom to Photoshop, apply a VSCO profile, and return to Lightroom to continue editing.

I have since tracked down the .xmp file Photoshop generated for a VSCO profile and attempted to import it as a profile to Lightroom, again, from the profile pane. Now, Lightroom imports it, but saves it as a preset rather than a profile, meaning I have no control over the intensity.

Does anyone know how on earth I can actually import these things as profiles in Lightroom? Surely it shouldn't be this hard...

Cheers

Callum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A .cube file is not a profile, it’s a LUT. You can use a LUT inside a profile (you have to do that in Camera Raw, you can’t do it in Lightroom), but not as a profile. https://petapixel.com/2018/04/27/how-to-make-your-own-profiles-for-adobe-camera-raw-and-lightroom/

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines