• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash after update

Explorer ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a lot of threads with people experiencing this, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I'm operating on a 2020 MacBook Pro and in the new Lightroom CC June update, Lightroom crashes every time I go to edit. It happens every single time. Going back to a previous version of Lightroom does not fix the issue. I have some clients waiting for me to finish editing photos, so I didn't know if anybody had a solution or if a bug fix update is coming from Adobe soon. 

Here's the crash report error: 

Crashed Thread: 33 Denoise_CR6 (thread index 2)

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007fe113c00400
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process: exc handler [731]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing. Have to force quit + restart the app at least twice a day. It is incredibly annoying... I hope Adobe are aware and working on a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constant crashing. I thought it was my older Mac, so I bought a new one. LR made this computer crash hourly. I have uninstalled LR, rebooted computer, reinstalled Mac OS, and spent 4 hours with Apple support. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am suffering from the same problem. I try to work without an internet connection because I feel better. But after 5 minutes of photo editing, my computer shuts down. It is very annoying because I have lost all work flow. And I am afraid of damaging my hard drives too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! This is so time consuming and irritating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe. Any updates coming to fix this crashing of Lightroom!? We are paying for a subscription monthly and aren't able to use what we are paying for. So can you please have a solution for us very soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's over $230/yr too!  I am considering buying a boxed or downloaded version but am concerned about losing over 10,000 photos.  I have the crashing problem every time there's an update. I've been asked by several to take photos then they ask what takes so long to get their photos.  Since I'm already working 50+ hrs a wk (for a large company) I have a limited amt of time to edit my photos.  I took pictures of a friend and me at a Halloween event  in town on Oct 17th.  Every time I tried to download the 15 photos I had chosen the program crashed or logged me out. I was just able to download and post them yesterday!  So frustrating since it's a pretty expensive investment for what you're getting.  I'd expect this logging out and crashing issue from a free program.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also experiencing an unbelievable amount of crashes. Brand new MacBook Pro. Please adobe get this fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Installed the new Lightroom. Constantly freezing   Very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same problem constantly crashing while editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, same problem with windows 10. the bug is also with LR Classic. It is very frustrating. I think to leave LR for DxO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My MacBook Pro died and I bought a new iMac installed the newest version of lrc and will be editing and after 10 minutes or so Lightroom freezes and shuts down my computer. This is a serious problem that has been happening for a lot of people and adobe can't bother to fix it. Considering we are paying for a subscription it should be fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add my voice to this; my 2015 iMac with the latest version of Catalina installed is also freezing repeatedly when trying to run Adobe Lightroom. I also get worried it is going to damage my computer and/or hard drive. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, and it's still not working. Weirdly, my backup computer: a 2012 Macbook Pro runs Lightroom just fine without crashing or freezing, so it's hard to work out what the problem is. My iMac definitely does not freeze when not running apps, or running other apps, so it is definitely a problem with Lightroom. Does anyone have any advice, or alternatively, hopefully Adobe will see this and update Lightroom ASAP! 

Paying a subscription for software that doesn't work is not fair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only fix I have found so far is to revert to the previous version 😕🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh that is a shame. At the moment, I can't even seem to do that. I can only hope that someone at Adobe fixes this ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! Everything was fine until I installed the latest update and now it constantly freezes and crashes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same just installed new updates and its impossible to work on! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me toooo!!! I'm literally getting soooo behind in editing and am ready to scream! I literally don't know what to do... I'm force quitting at least 10 times a day?! I don't see one single reply from Adobe?! What's going on? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My friends are wondering why it takes me so long to edit photos.  It's hard enough when you have to work a real job and asked to take pictures. This has been an issue every time there's an update for over a year.  I'm ready to dump Adobe.  Absolutely no answer.  Their virtual agent redirects you here but no one here has the answer either. It's soo frustrating.  I don't want to lose all my photos that I've edited (over 10,000) but I can't work 50 hrs a wk and constantly babysit the program when I'm downloading or exporting more than 10 - 15 photos to my computer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues. Immediately crashes every time I try opening it. Has anyone found a solution??

Adobe support where are you at?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm extremely glad to see that I'm not the only one suffering from this issue. I literally open LR, clicked on my preset tab, and switched from one photo to the next one and my computer froze and restarted for the 6th time today. Adobe we need answers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Mac OS 10.13 or earlier then the latest release of Lightroom (4.0) is incompatible with this.

You would have to either upgrade to 10.14 or above OR uninstall version 4.0 and then via the 'three dot menu' to the right of Lightroom in the Creative Cloud App, select Other Versions and install 3.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m using the latest version and it’s still crashes every time I edit photos

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution to my problem. I have turned the gpu off on the graphics card and have had no problems since. The program runs painfully slow but better than crashing all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same combination of new Mac Pro and LR upgrade. I noticed first that Silver Effex will not open properley when "Edit In" menu is used from LR...then LR just shut down. I thought I had accidentally hit close, but it has now happened very time I use LR. Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines