• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Ecosystem: Keywords don't sync from mobile to Classic

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got thousands of photos with thousands of keywords tagged in Lightroom Classic  - unfortunately these do not synch with Lightroom . Seems like a MAJOR bug to me. Can anyone help, please?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

This is by design. Lightroom CC cannot deal with the hierarchical keyword structure that classic can. Lightroom CC only has a flat keyword architecture so they decided to stop syncing the keywords between Classic and CC. It used to be able to but since the release of CC and Lightroom Classic it stopped doing that.

Not really, Jao....it's never been possible to sync keywords between Lightroom (5, CC2015, or Classic) and Lightroom mobile (now including

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2019 Apr 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, they should put more functionality into LR CC then, because now it looks like a simple web interface for basic interactions with images. I understand that the vast majority of users have more basic set of needs, but a small group of professionals need much more. I have metadata presets on multiple championship riders and drivers and using them saves tons of time. This is not at all present in LR CC. As far as syncing goes, it would mean a world to me if keywords could be applied via the web interface, because that would mean I get to shoot a session, make a selection, and while I go and shoot the next session, someone else could do the metadata input for me. Now we are only halfway there. Of course there are workarounds. Since the Title and Caption fields sync, I can call group of images by searching for a word that is in there and put the keywords on that selection of images. The other way would be for the other person to fill in all the metadata (title, caption, keywords) and I'll just export the JPG files through LRCC. But does it really need to be that complicated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a personal comment on this thread. I have been a LR Classic and CC subscriber since April 2017 and I am surprised to read that keyword synchronization has never been possible. Personally, it has worked very well since April 2017 (I had more than 20'000 photos at that time with keywords) and has done so for about a year. Then there was an update that stopped this function. I can't say exactly when or the number of the program generation. Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another feedback I can give as an amateur user: I chose Lightroom by subscription precisely because I can synchronize my photos (and keywords) with my iPad and thus have my photo library with me when I'm travelling or simply outside my home. I don't see how this feature would put LR in competition with LR CC. This seems to me to be a bit of a lack of vision of the possible uses of the various categories of Adobe Creative Cloud clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not true, it is only since recent upgrades that keywords have stopped syncing. I am now looking at alternatives as  adobe no longer care about the customer experience 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes some sense that Lightroom mobile version can’t handle the hierarchical keyword system of Lightroom Classic.  However, it would seem simple to at least allow a one way transmission of keywords from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC sans hierarchy, i.e., a flat set of keywords.  Without keywords, those of us with a large number of images on our mobile devices have no convenient path to finding them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was also very surprised that syncing of keywords between Lightroom Classis and the mobile app is not possible. I was keywording a bunch of images on my PC in order to go through them again on my mobile. But without the keywords synced, I cannot just filter out those on my mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, i see this as a pretty big miss for integrating cloud and classic.  Being able to browse, flag and rate from mobile are huge benefits, but dramatically handicapped because tags/keywords are not available.  

I to am using the title/caption workaround, but it seems ridiculous that there has to be a work around for such a basic feature that would not be that hard to solve technically (flat vs hierarchical tags).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would like to go to a coffee shop after a shoot and organize and keyword my images. Since they do not sync, I have to wait until I get home. If I am travelling, this may be a few weeks, and I may have a lot of images to keyword, making the task more of a pain than it is worth. I guess I could install a second instance of LR classic on my laptop, then export the catalogue and import it to my main computer when I get home. So why bother with LR Cloud?

LR Mobile/Cloud seems much more focused on mobile or light users. As a serious photographer or pro, it is quite crippled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines