• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC library.lrlibrary taking up storage

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am noticing that I am running out of disk space on my macbook pro. I looked to see what I may be able to delete or clean out and saw that lightroom library.lrlibrary is using up almost 100gb. I got Lightroom CC, so that I could store all my photos in the cloud and edit from any device. Yet, I see that lightroom is taking up a lot of space on my laptop. I am down to 36gb free of 256. 

What can I do? What exactly is library.lrlibrary? Can I clear it? I have also seen youtube vids talking about clearing media cache files. Will this help? What will this do?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just read a post that says 

"The default cache in LRCC 1.3 is managed intelligently (as long as store a copy locally is not enabled) but it can sometimes take a while for files to drop out, after import or migration.

But you can clear the originals manually once you are happy that everything is backed up in the cloud.

Go to your Pictures folder and right-click (control-click) on Lightroom Library.lrlibrary and choose “Show Package Contents”

You should find a folder with a long string of letters & numbers. Navigate to the folder with originals and you should see files in dated sub-folders.

It is safe to trash everything in Originals."

Is this correct. Is this safe? I see that if I do this, I can clear up 81gb on my hard drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm struggling with a very similar thing, did you ever get this issue resolved..???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting originals seems to work, I've been slowly doing that. Lightroom library is in tact and my photos are all there, but for some reason the originals were never removed. I upload from my SD card straight to lightroom, not sure what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am too! I went so far as to think it was my older macbook pro, and bought a new macbook air, only now I have the same problem and also more additional problems.  It's taking me days to get work done that should take a couple of hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting originals seems to not actually remove them in my lightroom library(so far), just on my computer so I assume that's the correct way to go about this. I would like to know however why lightroom has not been deleting originals like you said they should get deleted after a certain time, I plug in my SD Card and import straight into there, and they never seem to be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting the cache in the Preferences to a low value (say5/10%) and restarting?

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/preferences.html#Localstoragepreferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try that. The information I see on my Local Storage Page in LRCC looks wrong.

Available Space on Mac: 140 GB (My computer says 60 GB)

Required Space:  3.42 GB

Photo Cache: 1.37 GB

(Pressing "show info" on my Lightroom Library shows 128 GB)

'Store copy of originals' has been unchecked for a while, bu they still show up in Lightroom Library. Every photo in my library is in the original folder and none have been deleted and they continue to show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines