Highlighted

Lightroom CC Licensing

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering subscribing to Lightroom.  How many machines can I install Lightroom on for the price of my subscription?  Also can it support more than one library?  I am asking because I want to see if the subscription can be used by both me and my wife.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC Licensing

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am considering subscribing to Lightroom.  How many machines can I install Lightroom on for the price of my subscription?  Also can it support more than one library?  I am asking because I want to see if the subscription can be used by both me and my wife.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can activate, register, it on 2 computers at the same time BUT you can NOT Use it on both computers at the same time.

Adobe allows this so a subscriber can install on a home or office desktop and a notebook that they may travel with or use at a different location. But both installs are not meant to run, used, at the same time.

If by Libraries you are asking about the LR Catalog. Sure you can have as many catalogs as you like. But you can only open, use, one at a time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription can only be used by you and your wife if you share the same Adobe ID (log-in) and use the software at different times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can run Lightroom CC on two computers at the same time just fine. This works the same as running it simultaneously on a tablet and a desktop machine. The only legal issue is that if you look at the license agreement, it is supposed to be the subscriber running it themselves on both machines.

Also there is potential for data loss if you run Lightroom CC simultaneously with two people using it. If you are both editing the same image, the updates are not transmitted live back and forth. Lightroom CC only syncs edits after you exit the edit mode and go back to a grid view. If you were both editing, only the edits from the last person to exit the edit mode will be kept.

Last, Lightroom CC only supports a single library. It has two be in the cloud and you can't have more than that one. In Lightroom Classic, you can have as many catalogs as you want, but it will not sync more than a single catalog to the cloud.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jao+vdL  wrote

You can run Lightroom CC on two computers at the same time just fine. This works the same as running it simultaneously on a tablet and a desktop machine. The only legal issue is that if you look at the license agreement, it is supposed to be the subscriber running it themselves on both machines.

Tablets topically run a Mobile OS, Android or iOS, and you use the Mobile version of LR. I don't know of any TABLET that runs the full version of Apple Mac OS X or MS's Windows.

And if you actually read the license it states the 2 allowed installs are NOT to be used at the same time, simultaneously.

And the OP is asking about Lightroom Class CC and Photoshop as they posted in the LR Classic forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was posted in the CC cloud forum as far as I can tell. There is loads of confusion caused by the terrible naming of Lightroom CC So not clear from the post whether the reference is to Classic or CC.

I was only commenting on the fact that it will technically work with Lightroom CC running on two machines simultaneously Just like it works fine if you run it simultaneously on a pc and a tablet. The code is the same and it operates pretty much the same as that. This is the whole point of the Lightroom CC ecosystem that it looks the same everywhere Whether on a tablet or a pc or a laptop. Adobe actually demonstrated this when they introduced the cloud CC and used it as an sales pitch that you could see the images change on one pc when edited from another Mac or a tablet. Whether you are allowed to by the license agreement is a completely different question. It is clear that it is able to do it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry it was originally posted in the Classic forum.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines