Highlighted

Lightroom CC needs far better syncing options

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love putting photos onto LRCC and editing a bit on a laptop, little on a tablet, maybe do an emergency export from my phone. But I think it's archiving/syncing options are terrible.

I would like an option to "Archive". Keep exceptionally low-level proxy - just a reference of the photo - and send the original file to an external hard drive that I designate - and then remove the original from Cloud Sync. (It would be amazing if you could click an option on the reference photo that would then direct you to where you last put the original so it can bring it back into the catalogue - like re-linking in Premiere).

Currently, it feels like LRCC's actual intention to make users buy larger file storage systems. Which we don't want. I don't want all the photos I've taken in the past two years at full res in the cloud AND on my desktop. I want to be able to archive, with the option to find and bring back originals easily.

I'm ranting here to see if people have archiving workarounds. Am I supposed to actually be importing through classic and then using sync to push photos into CC?

This is missing functionality. I think CC is the future, but the options need to be there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC needs far better syncing options

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really love putting photos onto LRCC and editing a bit on a laptop, little on a tablet, maybe do an emergency export from my phone. But I think it's archiving/syncing options are terrible.

I would like an option to "Archive". Keep exceptionally low-level proxy - just a reference of the photo - and send the original file to an external hard drive that I designate - and then remove the original from Cloud Sync. (It would be amazing if you could click an option on the reference photo that would then direct you to where you last put the original so it can bring it back into the catalogue - like re-linking in Premiere).

Currently, it feels like LRCC's actual intention to make users buy larger file storage systems. Which we don't want. I don't want all the photos I've taken in the past two years at full res in the cloud AND on my desktop. I want to be able to archive, with the option to find and bring back originals easily.

I'm ranting here to see if people have archiving workarounds. Am I supposed to actually be importing through classic and then using sync to push photos into CC?

This is missing functionality. I think CC is the future, but the options need to be there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 02, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Lr Classic? It stores originals on hard drives and smart preview files in the cloud. You can edit the smart previews with any device, and edits sync back to Classic. When you remove the smart preview from the cloud, the original image remains in your Classic catalog.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 02, 2019 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tegid,

I would completely agree with TheresaJ here as Lightroom Classic aims at both offline and online workflow, Lightroom desktop focuses on storing the data on cloud so that users can access it while on the go.

We'd love to get this request and feedback submitted officially as a feature request so the engineering team can get this recorded. Could you please post this feedback here: Lightroom Desktop | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 03, 2019 1