• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC - No C Drive Space

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just started with Lightroom CC and am uploading 1Tb of photos to the cloud. All photos I am uploading are on an external drive. Lightroom software is installed on my C Drive. I do not keep copies of pictures on my C Drive however the AppData is stored locally. This has completely filled by C Drive and I cannot uplaod anything further to the cloud. I have only upload 100Gb out of the 1TB and my C Drive is already full. It appears that the C Drive fills up with data even though I am not uploading files to the C Drive. How do I overcome this? Driving me crazy.

Many Tks

Murray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

When you import photos to Lightroom it first copies the images into its own designated area for storing of originals, and it's from that location that the images will then be uploaded to the cloud (it's done that way principally for importing SOOC images from a memory card, so that the user doesn't have to keep the card inserted into the card reader while all the images are uploaded). That designated area by default is within the local library on the system drive, however you can change the loca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import photos to Lightroom it first copies the images into its own designated area for storing of originals, and it's from that location that the images will then be uploaded to the cloud (it's done that way principally for importing SOOC images from a memory card, so that the user doesn't have to keep the card inserted into the card reader while all the images are uploaded). That designated area by default is within the local library on the system drive, however you can change the location of the locally-stored originals to an external drive which has the free space needed (Preferences>Local Storage tab). Note that once the images are uploaded, that local copy becomes eligible for deletion, i.e. over time Lightroom will delete them from the local store based on some complex rules.

In you case, if you are uploading 1tb of images which are already stored locally, it becomes a bit of a pain as you'll still need to temporarily have another 1tb of free space to contain a copy of all those images for the import/upload process to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou Jim, that does help me understand the problem. Where on the C Drive does it save the local copies so I can delete that folder. My C Drive is now completely full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom CC\Data\folder which is just a long string of alphanumeric text\Originals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines