Highlighted

Lightroom CC (Not Classic) Keeps Saving Originals Even When Option is not selected

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed my Lightroom Library.lrlibrary become huge (almost 140GB) on my Mac. I've deleted this but always come back. So I've opened it up by showing package contents and noticed that the reason why is that it is storing originals, even when I do not have that enabled. Is this a bug? This use to not be the case. I've tried:

• Uninstall/reinstall
  • Clean uninstall/reinstall
  • Deleting the Lightroom.lrlibrary file

One newer thing that is only a temporary workaround is to enable the option to store locals, then change the drive location to an external drive. This will move all locally stored filed, freeing up space. I've then disabled it BUT it still will save originals. How do I know? When you disconnect it from the external drive and load more, it will save locally, even after everything is uploaded to the cloud. When you connect the external drive back and restart Lightroom CC, it will then bring up a message saying it is moving to the external drive. 

Please fix this issue. Why am I paying for cloud storage when it still is forcing me to save locally.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC (Not Classic) Keeps Saving Originals Even When Option is not selected

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed my Lightroom Library.lrlibrary become huge (almost 140GB) on my Mac. I've deleted this but always come back. So I've opened it up by showing package contents and noticed that the reason why is that it is storing originals, even when I do not have that enabled. Is this a bug? This use to not be the case. I've tried:

• Uninstall/reinstall
  • Clean uninstall/reinstall
  • Deleting the Lightroom.lrlibrary file

One newer thing that is only a temporary workaround is to enable the option to store locals, then change the drive location to an external drive. This will move all locally stored filed, freeing up space. I've then disabled it BUT it still will save originals. How do I know? When you disconnect it from the external drive and load more, it will save locally, even after everything is uploaded to the cloud. When you connect the external drive back and restart Lightroom CC, it will then bring up a message saying it is moving to the external drive. 

Please fix this issue. Why am I paying for cloud storage when it still is forcing me to save locally.

Topics

Bug, Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now on my Srface Pro 4. Has any solution come up? Both options of saving smart preview or in C: are disabled, yet it keeps saving the original raw files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mat87teo LATEST
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem now on my Surface Pro 4. Has any solution come up? Both options of saving smart preview or in C: are disabled, yet it keeps saving the original raw files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines