Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC not syncing profiles across all platforms

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have followed Adobe's official FAQ (How to install Presets and Profiles in Lightroom CC) as well as Julieanne Kost's blog post (Syncing Profiles and Presets from Lightroom Classic to Lightroom CC Mobile ÂŤ Julieanne Kost's Blog) to synchronize my Lightroom Classic CC's presets and profiles with Lightroom CC.

All of the presets and profiles from my VSCO Film packs were successfully imported and work wonderfully in Lightroom CC for Windows. However I am getting profile not found error messages when I use Lightroom CC for iOS, as well as on Lightroom CC on the web (https://lightroom.adobe.com).

I have even resorted to several fixes from the community posted by The Lightroom Queen (https://www.lightroomqueen.com/sync-presets-profiles-lightroom-classic-mobile/) and Nate Photographic (http://natephotographic.com/import-presets-new-lightroom-cc-2017-2018/). After attempting all of the afforementioned methods, I am still unable to use Lightroom CC for iOS or the web app, yet Lighroom CC for Windows continues to function flawlessly.

I have the latest releases freshly installed for all of the platforms.

Please help,

David

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

It was a bit more complicated for me to resolve the issue. As you had suspected, Lightroom CC for desktop was not uploading all of the profiles. However, to resolve it I had to delete the Lightroom CC library entirely and sync it again from scratch. Deleting the local installation wasn't enough, as when I launch Lightroom CC for desktop, the app would download what it already synced previously from the Creative Cloud. There wasn't an option in Lightroom CC to delete the Creative Cloud library. I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What versions of Lightroom CC do you have on your desktop and on iOS? You should have 1.5 on your desktop and 3.4.0 on iOS (updated today!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 1.5 on desktop

Lightroom CC 3.4 on iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you importing the presets? You should import them (preferably from

the zip files that haven’t been unpacked) through the import presets dialog

in Lightroom CC and not by putting the presets in the folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the .zip method. I have tried every other possible way of importing them so far. Started with the official steps outlined in the Adobe FAQ.

Julieanne and The Lightroom Queen‘s steps are very similar, but I followed their steps with a fresh install each time.

Finally I tried the various workarounds Nate posted and still was unsuccessful.

Each fresh install is done by uninstalling using the official uninstallers through Control Panel, followed by a thorough clean using Adobe’s CC Cleaner tool, then redownloading the official Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2018 Aug 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm,

if you installed these using the instructions in the FAQ they should definitely sync and you're using up to date CC so it sounds like your Lightroom CC on the desktop is not uploading them. I would try to delete all profiles and presets from your desktop installation quitting CC, logging out of creative cloud and logging back in before reopening Lightroom CC and then reimporting the presets a few at a time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was a bit more complicated for me to resolve the issue. As you had suspected, Lightroom CC for desktop was not uploading all of the profiles. However, to resolve it I had to delete the Lightroom CC library entirely and sync it again from scratch. Deleting the local installation wasn't enough, as when I launch Lightroom CC for desktop, the app would download what it already synced previously from the Creative Cloud. There wasn't an option in Lightroom CC to delete the Creative Cloud library. I had to use Lightroom Classic CC's Preferences -> Sync -> Delete All Data function (How to sync Lightroom Classic CC desktop with Lightroom CC).

Once I deleted all data in the cloud, Lightroom CC for desktop prompted me to restart with a fresh library. It then was able to import and upload my profiles and presets properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow annoying you had to wipe the whole thing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish there was a forced re-import function in Lightroom CC that overwrites previous profiles and presets. That would make the profile and preset management much easier for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the same problem today and had to remove all synced data as you suggested. It worked, but unfortunately, I lost the content of all of my synced collections (I mistakenly did not think they would get emptied on Lightroom Classic). Thanks for posting your solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's how I fixed the profile-syncing bug:

Uninstalled Lightroom CC from my desktop via the Creative Cloud application (I checked the box to tell it to delete preferences, etc. when it asked). Rebooted my computer for good measure. Then reinstalled it. Voila, it synced correctly to my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines