• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on iPhone album names appended with a number

New Here ,
May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New user here. Only at the stage of syncing test photos using Lightroom Classic and CC.

Imported photos into Classic at home on my PC. Made a few collections and set them to sync. Worked perfect; Collection names showed up with the same names on albums on CC on my iPhone.

I then installed Classic on a second PC and that worked perfect. The next day though, the second PC (with Classic) had a duplicate collection for each one of my test collections, and my iPhone with CC had the album names appended with "2", but did not show duplicates.

I then uninstalled Classic from the second PC thinking that might have had something to do with it, but the appended album names in CC did not change. I renamed the albums-just removed the "2" from each one. Every thing seems fine but as I am at this early stage of importing photos, I would like to know if I am doing something wrong or if this is normal behavior. Do I have duplicates in the cloud somewhere I need to delete?

Thanks!

Alan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 30, 2019 May 30, 2019

It should only be possible to sync one LR Classic Catalog. If you have Classic installed twice, you will have two separate catalogs. Only keep one application sync’d  for Classic. For the other one you can pause sync (hover top-left) under the identity plate but probably best left uninstalled.

You can check what is in the cloud by logging into your web app from a browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should only be possible to sync one LR Classic Catalog. If you have Classic installed twice, you will have two separate catalogs. Only keep one application sync’d  for Classic. For the other one you can pause sync (hover top-left) under the identity plate but probably best left uninstalled.

You can check what is in the cloud by logging into your web app from a browser.

https://lightroom.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the fast response!

That makes perfect sense. I can just use my second Classic offline with my portable drives. Thanks for that link too. I did not know about it. I went in there and did not see any duplicates of anything so I am good to go.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines