• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC on iPhone stuck Processing Captured Photos

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frequently, whether taking one or many images with Lightroom CC camera app on my iPhone, the app is getting stuck. I can leave the phone (on charge) with the app open for many hours and it remains in the state "Processing Captured Photos".

This unreliable behaviour makes me want to stop using the app for image making on the phone, I might need to look for another app capable of taking raw pics...

Any ideas on how to resolve the processing status?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

I'd do the uninstall / reinstall routine.

Maybe update the iPhone before reinstalling Lr.  (11.2.2) is out.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a peer-to-peer support forum so threatening to not use a FREE app is kinda useless.

• Save the Lr photos to Camera Roll
  • Uninstall (delete) the app
  • Restart your phone
  • ReInstall the app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's threatening whom? Looking for an alternative app that'll take raw pics is just a response to a frustration. I really enjoy the way Lightroom CC works for me otherwise, it's really useful for the way I work.

If there was a way to attach an image in this discussion it might help others understand the bug behaviour. The screen grab I have shows the app just "stuck". There's no way to save the images I've taken today.  The app will let me look at settings menus but no images.  Forcing the app to stop with a phone reboot when this happened last week looses the images. (Note the "stuck" state does not happen every time I use the app, it's random.)

After giving the app time overnight to try and complete the processing step I will reboot and reinstall as you suggest. Thanks for taking the time to propose a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many ways to post a screen cap here.

1 would be to mail it to your self, then insert it here >>

IMG_0221.png

I happened to use Air Drop for this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... thanks for the tip - had to switch to using computer - Chrome on my tablet wasn't showing me the options to paste in pics!

Here's the state the app is stuck in.  No images visible!

2018-01-12 20.40.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd do the uninstall / reinstall routine.

Maybe update the iPhone before reinstalling Lr.  (11.2.2) is out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean, the screengrab shows that syncing to the Cloud is paused. Is that intentional? And what happens if you resume suncle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Resume Sync button is unresponsive when the app is stuck in this state.

Having left it in this state and on charge all night I forced the app to close (swipe up) and then re-opened the app.  This actually woke it up and the image synchronised ok.

I have now uninstalled, updated ios, reinstalled.  Will comment on whether the bug has gone or not after a day or two.

Thanks for the help so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean,

Does this problem still happen for you after uninstall/reinstall and device updates?  That kind of processing time is definitely wrong--capture processing should be message in seconds-per-image, not hours. 

Just now, I haven't been able to reproduce the problem you describe.  Even if it no longer occurs, I'd like to see if I can narrow down the cause, in hopes there's something we can do to prevent similar troubles in the future.  Let me ask you a few questions...

• What model is your iPhone?   What iOS version were you running?
  • In your device Settings, under General > About, how much space is available? 
  • Do you use more than one Apple ID on your iPhone?  (I wonder if this might be a user identity / device security hiccup)
  • What other significant activities had you recently done in Lightroom Mobile (example: import, lots of editing, lots of syncing)?

If there are any additional details you can think of that might relate to this issue, they might help us investigate further.

Thanks and kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not heavily used the Lightroom camera this week so I can't really say conclusively that the problem behaviour has ended... but so far so good since I removed/updated ios/reinstalled.

Here's the details you needed Charlie:

iPhone 6s, was running ios 11.2.1

Space 4.62 GB

Single Apple ID

Simply had only taken a bunch of photo's using Lightroom camera then changed to go look at the results via the All Photos view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any solution for this issue?

Happens all the time and it's extremely unproductive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 'gigic79809049'

Sorry for the delay.  I didn't see your question addressed to me until now.  We're having trouble reproducing the problem as described here.  I can import, or capture and process until I get as low as a few hundred MB of free space, and our app displays a low disk space error.

Are you importing from the camera roll, or processing images from the Lightroom in-app camera (like HDR, Long Exposures, etc)?

How much free space do you have on your device? 

In the LR app Settings, under Local Storage, do you have lots of cached files?  Does tapping 'Clear Cache' help?

If nothing is pending processing or sync now, can you uninstall and re-install and see if that helps? 

Another idea is to do a Full Backup and Restore.  This can smooth out file system issues that can cause spurious read/write problems, which may relate to this issue.  However, there is a chicken/egg problem -- you want to ensure all files do finish processing and sync before trying this, otherwise images that do not get synced will be lost.  If this is an ongoing problem, but you do get to a state where everything in LR is finished processing and syncing, you might consider trying an iOS Backup and Restore as follows:

1. Ensure LR is synced completely.

2. Follow the guidance here to do a full backup of your device: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977

3. No, Restore from your backup using this advice: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

The restore should put everything back where it was, while at the same time the OS and device storage will be refreshed.  This can take a long time, and I recommend it only of other advice doesn't help. 

Kind regards,

Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

it’s not working again.

details below:

I’ve been taking pictures all day, around 800 pics. I stop every 10 pics so the app does not stop “Processing images” (I can repeat 10 images but not 800). These are HDR, taken from the LR app in Iphone X.

Available Storage: 233 GB

Available Cloud Storage: 74 GB

Cache: 0.02GB

install / Uninstall: 5th time and still not working

can not work.

please let me know what else to do.

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gigi, I was out of the office until now.  Just saw your message.  I'm going to contact you with a direct email to get more info about your account.  Please check your spam filter if you don't see it.

--Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brother, i am facing the same issue with Adobe Lightroom on my iPhone 7 IOS 14.2. It is stuck on saving captured photos from last 3-4 days. I only captured 3 photos and now it is stuck, whenever i open the app it just gets stuck. I have tried updating it to the latest version but nothing changed.

I can't re-install the app because i have got hundred of Presets saved in the app which i made by myself in recent years, i am afraid to lose them.

Have anyone found any fix for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve the EXACT same problem on my iPhone. I’s using Lr 3.2.1 674202 on iOS 11.3.

My whole Lr is stuck and I can’t see / select any of my photos. I was travellig for 4 weeks now and all of my photos are stored in Lr.

I’m afraid when I’m reinstalling the app, that I might lose all photos!

I tries to kill the app and re-open it, but that didn’t help. i so rebooted the phone, no success either. I had that twice before, and killing the app always helped.

My phone is now stuck in “Processing Captured Photos” for hours and it won’t continue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I read somewhere that moving Photos into a different Album helps, but unsure about this.

I wouldn't uninstall the App if Photos haven't sync to the Cloud. You can check here: http://lightroom.adobe.com

Maybe also post here it's more likely to be picked up by Adobe Staff: Lightroom for mobile | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t move / select / see anything in this state

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could finally resolve the issue. Here’s what I’ve done:

Lr got stuck and wouldn’t continue. I couldn’t do anthing about it (killing the app, rebooting the phone, etc.)

I checked my storage and there was 1.2GB left of free space. I cleared some of the space until I got 2.3GB, when Lr finally moved on and processed my photo.

Apparently Lr needs a lot of free space and there’s no sign of a warning or alike, if there’s not enough free space (we’re talking ~ 1GB not KB or bytes).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with iPhone X / iOS 12 (189GB free) and Lightroom 7.5. Plenty of storage where the catalog is located (1.5TB). It will import one or two photos then freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines