Highlighted

Lightroom CC replaced?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm just getting into Lightroom and looking at the available tutorials. They refer to Lightroom CC. I use the cloud version of Lightroom, is that what us ment by CC? 

Since that is my assumption why do the tutorials still reference Lightroom CC and its menu structure and not the current version. EX: The current version of Lightroom for the PC does not have the top level menu "tab" Windows. Current version has File-Edit-Photo-View-Help. ??

TOPICS
Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC replaced?

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I'm just getting into Lightroom and looking at the available tutorials. They refer to Lightroom CC. I use the cloud version of Lightroom, is that what us ment by CC? 

Since that is my assumption why do the tutorials still reference Lightroom CC and its menu structure and not the current version. EX: The current version of Lightroom for the PC does not have the top level menu "tab" Windows. Current version has File-Edit-Photo-View-Help. ??

TOPICS
Download and install, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has created incredible confusion with the naming of Lightroom.

When Lightroom was 'Standalone' Versions 1 to 5 it was simply 'Lightroom', then they introduced a method to Download and Activate the software- which is called the 'Creative Cloud'. Lightroom v6 also came as a digital download from the CC and so adopted the name 'Lightroom CC2015'.

Currently the two distinctly different versions of Lightroom are-

Lightroom-Classic: the latest v9.3 of the 'standalone' series.

Lightroom: the new v3.3 Cloud based version.

"CC" has been removed from the official names of the two versions.

BUT- most all the internet/web tutorials have not changed names to reflect the changes- more confusion!

There really is no good answer to the problem.

If you are searching for tutorials- always add the "v3.3" to your search for the Lightroom-Desktop v3.3 for the PC & Mac.

https://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/

YOUTUBE- LIGHTROOM VIDEOS

COMPARE LR & LR-CLASSIC

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 10.0, Photoshop 22.0, Lightroom 4.0, Windows-10. Nikon DSLR.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0
lloving LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah...thanks for the update. Great info. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2020 0