Highlighted

Lightroom CC says trial has ended - Solved

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I made this to summarize my issue I had and people can find answers in this post through the steps I took.

I am a student from Belgium and on the 7th of September 2018 I ordered the complete student Adobe package from a third party seller (Academic Shop) in Belgium my school directed me to. Before (2017) I used to use the monthly personal photography package.

A few days ago my Lightroom Classic stopped syncing with Lightroom CC. So I opened up Lightroom CC to check on the issue.

I get this window that tells me my “trial has ended” which is weird.

Knipsel1.PNG

So I press “Buy Now”, another window opens saying I am subscribed and Lightroom CC is ready to use.

Knipsel2.PNG

So I press “OK”, but Lightroom CC keeps saying that my trial has ended. So I am stuck in this loop.

Knipsel3.PNG

I went to check my account and it says I own Lightroom CC and the mobile version.

Knipsel4.PNG

Knipsel5.PNG

Knipsel6.PNG

So I did what everyone does and google the issue.
First I have tried this 3 times:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2065014
Then I have tried uninstalling everything completely with the tool from adobe and installing it back with firewall and antivirus off (https://helpx.adobe.com/be_nl/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html)

Afterwards I have contacted Adobe Support. They first told me to do the things I previously did.

I also have allowed the support to remote control my computer but the issue could not be solved.

Eventually they said my subscription from the third party seller might be bought from this Canadian company called Kivuto and that Lightroom CC does not include in that student package.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom/kb/lightroom-mobile-available-education-memberships.html)

I thought Lightroom CC worked fine before or I was on a trial without paying attention. I asked my classmate that bought his student package from the same third party seller (Academic Shop) through our school and his Lightroom CC works just fine.

So I have e-mailed Academic Shop with the questions if Lightroom CC is in the package and if they bought their code from Kivuto (I asked them to reply in English as well). They say I own both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic.

This is their response to the Kivuto issue:

“The Adobe we are offering to the students used to be part of the Kivutu-codes. But, since september 2018, we are having all the the accounts that are being activated on the consortium account of academic software, as part of a larger enterprise entity “ and closed the ticket.

I ordered my code on the 7th of September 2018 so it should work right? I mailed them again just to be sure.

They replied with yes and no. I was one of the students that was on the transition, so they gave me a new code.
I have 2 plans now and everything works just fine.

Knipsel7.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC says trial has ended - Solved

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I made this to summarize my issue I had and people can find answers in this post through the steps I took.

I am a student from Belgium and on the 7th of September 2018 I ordered the complete student Adobe package from a third party seller (Academic Shop) in Belgium my school directed me to. Before (2017) I used to use the monthly personal photography package.

A few days ago my Lightroom Classic stopped syncing with Lightroom CC. So I opened up Lightroom CC to check on the issue.

I get this window that tells me my “trial has ended” which is weird.

Knipsel1.PNG

So I press “Buy Now”, another window opens saying I am subscribed and Lightroom CC is ready to use.

Knipsel2.PNG

So I press “OK”, but Lightroom CC keeps saying that my trial has ended. So I am stuck in this loop.

Knipsel3.PNG

I went to check my account and it says I own Lightroom CC and the mobile version.

Knipsel4.PNG

Knipsel5.PNG

Knipsel6.PNG

So I did what everyone does and google the issue.
First I have tried this 3 times:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2065014
Then I have tried uninstalling everything completely with the tool from adobe and installing it back with firewall and antivirus off (https://helpx.adobe.com/be_nl/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html)

Afterwards I have contacted Adobe Support. They first told me to do the things I previously did.

I also have allowed the support to remote control my computer but the issue could not be solved.

Eventually they said my subscription from the third party seller might be bought from this Canadian company called Kivuto and that Lightroom CC does not include in that student package.
(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom/kb/lightroom-mobile-available-education-memberships.html)

I thought Lightroom CC worked fine before or I was on a trial without paying attention. I asked my classmate that bought his student package from the same third party seller (Academic Shop) through our school and his Lightroom CC works just fine.

So I have e-mailed Academic Shop with the questions if Lightroom CC is in the package and if they bought their code from Kivuto (I asked them to reply in English as well). They say I own both Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic.

This is their response to the Kivuto issue:

“The Adobe we are offering to the students used to be part of the Kivutu-codes. But, since september 2018, we are having all the the accounts that are being activated on the consortium account of academic software, as part of a larger enterprise entity “ and closed the ticket.

I ordered my code on the 7th of September 2018 so it should work right? I mailed them again just to be sure.

They replied with yes and no. I was one of the students that was on the transition, so they gave me a new code.
I have 2 plans now and everything works just fine.

Knipsel7.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
cmgap LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines