• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC, Share album, order

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an album, where photos is sorted by creation date.

I want to share the album with my family and create a link.

When I view on web the order of the photor is changed and not in cronological order.

If I inverse the order on web viewing, I see the photos in inverse cronological order.

Is this a bug in Lignhroom CC?

Ole Thyge Plannthin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ole,

Sorry that the order of your images on Lightroom web is not mathing up the Lightroom CC order.

Could you please create a sample collection to test this behaviour and share the link with us so that we may also try reproducing it at our end? Do provide us the order of the images you seeing in the app before generating a share link.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

Here is my link to the album:Frokost i Munkekælderen

Her is another link, where the or is ok: Timotiuskirken https://adobe.ly/2uystmR

For both albums is the order befor generating ling creatind date in crnological order.

I hope you can use this as examples.

Regards

Ole@ !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screen dump before generating link.

Lightroom CC.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to work, I'm on a shared smartpreview album uploaded with LR Classic, viewing it in LR web, I can set the sorting order, but this does'nt affect the order of the shared album. 

The only changes that works are if I manually move photes around (using the pallete symbol), but thats useless for me. I'm not going to sort over 100 photos manually by date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you have an iOS (or even Android) device, what happens if you go into an Album and Sort by Capture Date there. Does the link update in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created the link on an pc with Windows.

I have an Android phone and an Android tablet. I Will try to chanhe order of an Album there and then create the link. Shall I create the link from Windows or from Android device?

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018 Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi selondon

I have tried to creade the shared link from my Android phone and from my windovs ps. I have used different sortations of the pictures in the album before I create the shared link.

This have no effect on the order of pictures in the link, when I wiev the pictures on web.

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have created a new album, where I added the pictures from the album with the problematic order in the shared link.

Then I created a shared link from the new album. In this case the order in the shared link was OK and as espected.

In the old and problematic album were the pictures added one by one and some were updated subsequently.

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Ole, wonder what the exact reason was?

All fixed now though?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all fixed!

My basic wish is to share an album with pictures in the chronological order.

I have found a work-around. If I create a new album with the pictures, then I can share this album.

This is only a work-around, not a solution of the basic issue. I wish, that the pictures in a shared album are sorted corresponding to the pictures in the original album.

Ole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Any album that I share on the web (I've tried with 3 different albums), the photos are displayed in random order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Can sort by reverse chronological order in the album view (so new photos appear at the top), but cannot do the same in the "Sharing" view. The only option is manually reordering, and that is completely impractical for me to manually reorder 1000+ photos and to reorder every time I add an additional photo to the album.

I want a shared album that shows the newest photos at the top so family and friends can easily see any new additions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Very annoying, and considerably limits the usefulness of being able to share the albums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2018 Dec 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Very annoying. The order in the "share" view doesn't match the order in my lightroom album.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. HUGE issue  when sending albums to clients or when building Photo Grids on my site. i have wasted nearly 6 hours trying to get it sorted out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Have not been able to find any workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. It is a shame, not useful at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem! I want to sequence my photos manually then share to web and retain that order. I can't!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue! Every update I think it may change. How long do we have to wait for this simple fix?

At the very least give us the ability to display the images in reverse, so the newest one is first.

I use this as a living album to share photos of a new baby with friends and family. I'm tired of telling everyone to scroll to the end to see new photos of my son!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to customize the view of a gallery is with Lightroom web. Sign into your account at lightroom.adobe.com. Select the album. You can change by capture date or custom order in the photos tab by clicking in the lower left corner of the image grid. See screen capture.

AC044DBC-F9AB-40E0-816F-2C228A2E3F77.jpeg

Or there are much more options in the Display tab.

45C4368F-87E7-4F7C-9784-9F0583A5820C.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2019 Apr 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! Sort of. I have to logon and hit reverse order everytime I upload a new photo! Is there a way to just diplay them in reverse capture date order all the time? Like even when i add a new photo?

Just to clarify the fix.

The only way to change the order of your photos when you "share to web" is to change the display setting of the album on lightroom.adobe.com

Changing the order of the album in the ios app or desktop app has no effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After much frustration I ran across your response and this worked!!! This needs to be added to their FAQ page 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  It is now over two years since the original post.  Is there really no resolution still‽ 

I can set my desired order (newest first) in Lightroom Classic and in Lightroom CC and in Lightroom Web.

When synced and shared on Lightroom Shared Album or Lightroom Portfolio, the order is still in chronological order (oldest first).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines