Highlighted

Lightroom CC, Share album, order

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an album, where photos is sorted by creation date.

I want to share the album with my family and create a link.

When I view on web the order of the photor is changed and not in cronological order.

If I inverse the order on web viewing, I see the photos in inverse cronological order.

Is this a bug in Lignhroom CC?

Ole Thyge Plannthin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC, Share album, order

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an album, where photos is sorted by creation date.

I want to share the album with my family and create a link.

When I view on web the order of the photor is changed and not in cronological order.

If I inverse the order on web viewing, I see the photos in inverse cronological order.

Is this a bug in Lignhroom CC?

Ole Thyge Plannthin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 19, 2018 1
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ole,

Sorry that the order of your images on Lightroom web is not mathing up the Lightroom CC order.

Could you please create a sample collection to test this behaviour and share the link with us so that we may also try reproducing it at our end? Do provide us the order of the images you seeing in the app before generating a share link.

Thanks,

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash

Here is my link to the album:Frokost i Munkekælderen

Her is another link, where the or is ok: Timotiuskirken https://adobe.ly/2uystmR

For both albums is the order befor generating ling creatind date in crnological order.

I hope you can use this as examples.

Regards

Ole@ !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is screen dump before generating link.

Lightroom CC.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
New Here ,
May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get it to work, I'm on a shared smartpreview album uploaded with LR Classic, viewing it in LR web, I can set the sorting order, but this does'nt affect the order of the shared album. 

The only changes that works are if I manually move photes around (using the pallete symbol), but thats useless for me. I'm not going to sort over 100 photos manually by date.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, if you have an iOS (or even Android) device, what happens if you go into an Album and Sort by Capture Date there. Does the link update in any way?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created the link on an pc with Windows.

I have an Android phone and an Android tablet. I Will try to chanhe order of an Album there and then create the link. Shall I create the link from Windows or from Android device?

Ole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 19, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi selondon

I have tried to creade the shared link from my Android phone and from my windovs ps. I have used different sortations of the pictures in the album before I create the shared link.

This have no effect on the order of pictures in the link, when I wiev the pictures on web.

Ole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have created a new album, where I added the pictures from the album with the problematic order in the shared link.

Then I created a shared link from the new album. In this case the order in the shared link was OK and as espected.

In the old and problematic album were the pictures added one by one and some were updated subsequently.

Ole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting Ole, wonder what the exact reason was?

All fixed now though?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all fixed!

My basic wish is to share an album with pictures in the chronological order.

I have found a work-around. If I create a new album with the pictures, then I can share this album.

This is only a work-around, not a solution of the basic issue. I wish, that the pictures in a shared album are sorted corresponding to the pictures in the original album.

Ole

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Any album that I share on the web (I've tried with 3 different albums), the photos are displayed in random order.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 12, 2018 0