Highlighted

Lightroom CC switches jpgs to psds

New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was 'playing' with some of the effects (colour saturation, etc) in Lightroom CC, and my original jpg has been replaced on the master drive with a .psd file. The jpg does not exist any more.

It is a very old jpg from 2002, and the file size has gone from approx. 500kb (the next photo) to 22mb!

I don't want psds, I want to keep the jpg! I can't find a way to convert the psd back to jpg,

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Nathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC switches jpgs to psds

New Here ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was 'playing' with some of the effects (colour saturation, etc) in Lightroom CC, and my original jpg has been replaced on the master drive with a .psd file. The jpg does not exist any more.

It is a very old jpg from 2002, and the file size has gone from approx. 500kb (the next photo) to 22mb!

I don't want psds, I want to keep the jpg! I can't find a way to convert the psd back to jpg,

Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Thanks

Nathan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you play with Photoshop by any chance? Lightroom CC does not change originals at all (it is a non-destructive editor), let alone into a PSD. However, Lightroom CC does store originals in the cloud, and if you do not check the option to keep a local copy, then your local copy will indeed disappear after it has been uploaded. If you then send a copy to Photoshop, play with it and create a layered file, then the saved version of that Photoshop work will indeed be a PSD.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines