• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All-new lightroom CC seems to get stuck syncing the catalgue to the cloud. There is a long thread here with dozens of users with the same problem.

Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Anyone who can help here?

BR

Markus

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

you can find a fix for the problem here: Lightroom CC: Syncing stuck forever | Photoshop Family Customer Community

1. In the My Photos area in the left pane, select the All Photos album.
  2. Switch to the Square Grid view (), which displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating.
  3. While holding down the Alt key (Win) or Option key (Mac), click the cloud icon (). Lightroom CC now displays only those photos that it's trying to sync.
  4. Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Comman

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Did you every get a resolution to this problem? I have the same issue, but with 9 photos not syncing and no way to find out which nine is the problem. Alt+Cloud Icon on a PC must be an old solution because it results in the normal drop down.  Also when filtering only "Syncing", I get the "Oh no! A black hole. No photos matching these filters were found."  This "9 photos syncing issue" has been going on about 2 weeks now.  When I add new photos, they appear to sync okay to the cloud, but the othe

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this but none of these files exist. So what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it for me.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this.  Worked perfectly.  I've been trying to resolve this for quite some time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the above instructions and after deleting synching photos a "black hole" note appeared but the cloud in the upper right corner still says the system is synching.  I have 490 photos stuck synching....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… having had the exact same pb on Classic for over 2 years now !
Nothing worked, not even Adobe's team tries ! 

Adobe : when are you going to solve this please ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening to me. The suggested "fix" works, but I shouldn't have to baby sit my 16,000 photos while they upload. The 1.1 release hasn't fixed this issue for me. After about 15-20 photos uploaded, it just sits there for hours and refuses to actually sync another photo until I either A: follow the suggested "fix" which makes it work for another 15-20 photos, or B: restart Lightroom CC. When is it expected for this bug to be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my 16,000 photos. . ."

Cause identified. 16,000 files, divided into little 'packets', (Google FTP and Packet Switching) each being sent on a different route, thru 15 or more 'hops' to Adobe, over Lord knows what kind of networks, all at the very same time the same 16,000 files are being sent back down a different 'highway' to synced computers/devices.

There's an unlimited number of possible causes for a 'traffic jam' that are outside the Adobe software responsibility.

It would be nice if we all had $15,000 workstation computers and fiber, private network connections port to port, but ALAS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 7 photos that have been syncing for days. I tried the above action (option button pressed while clicking cloud syncing icon) and no photos were shown. I have 36 photos stuck in eternal syncing on my iPad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.  It isnt that many shots, and they are just sitting there syncing eternally even after the "fix".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like a difficult method to get them moving.  I would think it can't be too hard to add sync status to the filter box at the top of the screen.

But that's only the first part of the problem... there is a method above to select only the items not yet sync'd.  I can delete these, and re-add them.  Great.  I have to look through my original storage location for hundreds to thousands of files, INDIVIDUALLY, and I can re-add them.  That won't take any time at all.

Maybe a clickable "open file location" button would help.

Adding a max upload bandwidth speed would also be a welcome addition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... fix this bug already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Struggled with drivers and hardwares and finally concluded that sync freezes up the system everytime .  Very sad to see that a beta version has been rolled out without proper testing . No wonder the competition is gaining ground .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I am a new Adobe user and have just been using the trial version for the last few days. VERY FRUSTRATED. Lightroom CC only fit for the bin but Ive invested so much time in it already that Im reluctant to give up. Are there any working alternative software applications out there for photo mgt that do what they are supposed to and actually work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, this is completely absurd. If it wasn’t so ridiculously frustrating it would be quite funny - a somewhat fundamental capability for a cloud service.....

Adobe, where are you? Awfully quiet on response given this has the potential to destroy your user base.

I’ve spent the last 2 weeks attempting to add my back catalogue of photos. The only ‘fix’ (seriously?!) that has worked for me is as above, to pause synch, select all photos, change the star rating, resume synch. I leave it running permenantly and pause and resume every time I walk past it. Still seems to intermittently move things along. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

On the plus side I’m 10k through and <6k to go. On the downside, I’m paranoid that the synch issue will be an ongoing issue which would be impossible to manage once I’ve actually started using the ratings.

Adobe??? Any sign of an actual fix.....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you syncing 10k photos?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support which is very easy to use and the operators are very helpful (all from India I think) and they took over my computer and tried to fix the syncing issues. I filed or logged 4 different complaints as I really wanted to get this fixed. The first agent spent 2 hours, 2nd agent spent 2 hours, 3rd agent spent 3 hours, 4 agent spent 5 hours and then eventually I got them to put me through to a supervisor and just told them that I wanted my money back that the Lightroom classic was crap, didn't work at all and WASN'T FIT FOR PURPOSE OR USE.

The supervisor eventually told me that they were having problems with the software and that hopefully it would be fixed in the next update. I was disgusted after all the time I spent waiting for their agents to fix it. Not one of the agents told me there was a problem with the software despite asking them several times each.

The customer support is very good and usable and professional but the product is absolutely CRAP. I am soooooo mad. They ended up giving me 3 free months. I am currently looking for an alternative software package to use as I have NO CONFIDENCE OR TRUST IN ADOBE with my photos (although to be fair Lightroom cc is working fine and I do like it as a standalone, but its no good to me on its own as I want to use the facial regognition feature on classic and I want to be able to backup all files to Hard Drive)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, what is the phone number, I can't access any of my photos and I'm desperate.  I can't even find out how to phone these #*&$^'s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SAME!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and I'd like to try this solution, but I can't find the "cloud" icon (link to image is broken). Is anyone able to tell me where that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2018 May 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the very top right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the upper r/h corner just below the X-to-close button.  However, pushing the Alt + Cloud icon did NOTHING for me.   I hope it works for you.

Sincerely,

Still Stuck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This horrible fix solution did not work for me. Just caused more frustration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not solve my problem.  When I select the cloud icon, it shows no photos syncing as if all have been done.  I have had 22 photos showing as syncing in LR Classic for months.  Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here. Just keeps syncing for days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines