Copy link to clipboard
Note that this is Lighroom CC 4.0 and Photoshop CC 21.
1. Take a small jpg file in Lightroom, simple edit, folowed by 'Edit in Photoshop'
2. File opens in PS, I add text layer, save, exit
3. TIF file available in Lightroom with PS edits
4. DO no edits in Lightroom, simply select 'Edit in Photoshop' again
5. Opens in PS, I only see one layer (merged)
I understand that if I edit in Lightroom, layers are merged, but without any edits I expected to see the layers in PS.
This workflow works with Lightroom Classic as we get a dialog to select Orginal, copy, etc.
It seems in Lightroom CC, it makes the choice for us (no dialog box) and that choice is to flatten the layers before opening in PS.
Any ideas? Appreciate your help. Thanks.
Tried on Intel and M1 Macs.
Here is a 50s video to illustrate. Sorry for the watermark, my licenced screenflow is installed on another machine.
Have something to add?