• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC using other cloud storage

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom CC with 1TB Adobe Cloud Storage. Would it be possible to assign LR CC to other Cloud Services as well, like OneDrive DropBox ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

No. The cloud storage for Lightroom is not just cloud space, it contains a lot more. Your edits and metadata are in the cloud too, for example. And in the background there is Adobe Sensei, an artificial intelligence that auto tags your photos so you can search for subjects without having to tag the photos yourself. Another cloud service would not have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The cloud storage for Lightroom is not just cloud space, it contains a lot more. Your edits and metadata are in the cloud too, for example. And in the background there is Adobe Sensei, an artificial intelligence that auto tags your photos so you can search for subjects without having to tag the photos yourself. Another cloud service would not have that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this means, if I store all my photos on OneDrive, I have to pay for Adobe cloud storage too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom stores all the originals in its cloud. You can't use it without that. Your photos in OneDrive would be a backup, not the originals that Lightroom uses.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They want you to rent software, and cloud storage space. it's disappointing but it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in using Lightroom as an on the go editing program. It is not equal in features nor power to Lightroom Classic and for my purposes - useless.

My only interest in it at this point is that I want the functionality of it allowing me - if it did allow me - contrary to Adobe's greedy intentions and desires - to see and thus find images I have on my OneDrive. I am not going to pay for more than the paltry 20 GB that adobe gives with my photography plan - exorbitant prices and just a money grab in my opinion.

Does anyone know of any programs out there that would and do enable one to hook into your OneDrive account and affect the effect that Lightroom Classic does with all of my files and images on my computer?

I am overall very pleased with Adobe's offerings - Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Generative AI but this restriction - when I could not care less about light room - and just want this one functionality is - well, BS and has to be deliberate as a way to force us to "buy more stuff" - even if we don't need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have the same issue. I have tons of space on my onedrive and icloud, and see no reason why I must buy tons of space for my photoshop, if I already have. I think (my opinion) it is designed to get you to buy more cloud space. All the data for the photo's metadata and all can be stored on another hardrive, we all know this. So as a result though i would like to use it, I use the lightroom classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to buy creative cloud space if you have a subscription for Lightroom Classic and Photoshop. Yes, you'll get a small amount (20 GB) with your subscription, but do you really think the subscription price would be significantly less without that? This thread is about Lightroom desktop, not Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are missing his point. He doesn't care about using Lightroom for serious editing, nor the fact that Adobe's offers only a wee bit of storage - 20 GB - he simply wants some of the functionality - as do I - that Lightroom Classic gives us to see, organize and categorize - basically use it as a glorified picture viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines