• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC Version 1.5 - why can't I make a panorama?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe community. I have read and watched online tutorials as to how you can stitch together photos within Lightroom itself to create a panorama. However, in my version of Lightroom, I cannot seem to find the panorama tool. I am curious why this is, as I was under the impression I could create panoramas within Lightroom - but perhaps not the Creative Cloud version? 

I read that all you need to do is simply select your images for the panorama stitch, select the "Photo" dropdown from the menu bar, and there will be a panorama option - however, I do no have that command. I've attached a screenshot for your reference. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, as I'd really like to use this tool! No option for panorama, despite many tutorials having specified the command is within this dropdown.No option for panorama, despite many tutorials having specified the command is within this dropdown.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Lightroom CC, as you call it, is now referred to as Lightroom Desktop, and the current version number is 3.4. Version 3.4 DOES have panorama merge. Why are you still using Version 1.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC, as you call it, is now referred to as Lightroom Desktop, and the current version number is 3.4. Version 3.4 DOES have panorama merge. Why are you still using Version 1.5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, how strange! I became a Lightroom user in December of 2019 and I guess "Lightroom Desktop" hasnt updated on my computer since then? Struggling to find how to update it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of MacOS are you using? That might be the issue if you are still using an older version.

The normal way to update the software is via the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Open that and do Help>Check for Updates to see what updates it can offer you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Solved the problem! Upgraded my Mac to a newer operating system (it needed to be running High Sierra at the least) and then was able to get the newest version of Lightroom. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HDR and Panorama merge was added to Lightroom in  version 2.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines