Highlighted

LIGHTROOM CC VERSION 2.0.1 (2019) ADD PHOTO GREYED OUT (NOT WORKING)

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was using adobe lightroom classic cc But now i have a new Sony A7iii camera and i figured that sonys RAW cant be opened in lr classic cc .

so i decided to upgade to lightroom cc 2019 but i find add photo button not useful (grayed out). i tried File>Add Photos but not actually working.

I tried also press Ctr+Shift+I but nothing works. Can anyone experience this problem?

Here is the picture of it looks greyvlcsnap-2019-01-18-08h48m56s121.png

does any one know how to fix it?

Moderator: Moved from Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

LIGHTROOM CC VERSION 2.0.1 (2019) ADD PHOTO GREYED OUT (NOT WORKING)

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I was using adobe lightroom classic cc But now i have a new Sony A7iii camera and i figured that sonys RAW cant be opened in lr classic cc .

so i decided to upgade to lightroom cc 2019 but i find add photo button not useful (grayed out). i tried File>Add Photos but not actually working.

I tried also press Ctr+Shift+I but nothing works. Can anyone experience this problem?

Here is the picture of it looks greyvlcsnap-2019-01-18-08h48m56s121.png

does any one know how to fix it?

Moderator: Moved from Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much available storage do you have? Can you show your preferences settings?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankyou for the your replay

Here is how my storage looks

Also i havent use lightroom cc yet. i just installed it and its not working.

Here is How my File>preference>Local Storage

my preference.jpeg

Here is my Preference>interface looks

interface lr.jpeg

Here is how my Preference>General

ice_screenshot_20190119-013238.jpeg

Here is how my Drives Capacities

my devices#.jpeg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that your local storage is a problem. Lightroom CC downloads a copy of your images to your local drive and with only 16 GB left there may not be enough room. If you select the second option of store to a location and select an external drive you should be able to import. Maybe try to import less as well just to test it out.

Also are you okay with the tradeoff in terms of functionality between Classic and CC? If the new Sony camera profile isn't available yet (I think it is though) you can convert the images to DNG and then import.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cmgap  wrote

It may be that your local storage is a problem. Lightroom CC downloads a copy of your images to your local drive and with only 16 GB left there may not be enough room. If you select the second option of store to a location and select an external drive you should be able to import. Maybe try to import less as well just to test it out.

The system drive (which is where LRCC defaults to) is the C drive, which does have adequate free space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/emo+dt26613545  wrote

This is incorrect, the Sony A7III has been supported since LR Classic 7.3. The current version is 8.1, so check your version and update if needed.

Regarding the problem with LRCC, are you signed in (check the Help menu to make sure)? Make sure that the CC Desktop app is also signed in.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines