Highlighted

Lightroom CC Won't copy all settings to new photo

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

I'm Using newly updated Lightroom CC.

I have edited a photo for a friend that she wan't to have made into a print. The edit took me a long time and I have now perfected it.

I have realised I've accidently edited the JPEG Version not the larger DNG version. 

So I have added the DNG version and thought copy paste settings would be simple. 

I have done the normal way of copying settings and once pasted it looks nowhere near the same!?!? 

Although it does change the numbers , I can not figure out why the colors are not the same when its the same image pasting the settings?

I have attached a screenshot of the two photos.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Topics

Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Lightroom CC Won't copy all settings to new photo

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey There,

I'm Using newly updated Lightroom CC.

I have edited a photo for a friend that she wan't to have made into a print. The edit took me a long time and I have now perfected it.

I have realised I've accidently edited the JPEG Version not the larger DNG version. 

So I have added the DNG version and thought copy paste settings would be simple. 

I have done the normal way of copying settings and once pasted it looks nowhere near the same!?!? 

Although it does change the numbers , I can not figure out why the colors are not the same when its the same image pasting the settings?

I have attached a screenshot of the two photos.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Topics

Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom keeps deleted files in a Deketed Folder for 60 days, have you checked there?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the JPG that you edited had some adustments already "baked in" so the starting point for the edit of the jpg may be different than the starting point of the original raw file.   Also; there is more dynamic range in the raw file so the value of the sliders will most likly need to be different.   

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines