• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't work - "needs to do some housekeeping"

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone advise how to get my Lightroom CC working again on my Mac.  It was working fine, I've been editing this week. Then I went to share an album this morning and files were missing/not synching.  Then I tried to update Lightroom, it shut down, reopened and still said it needed to update.  I've used all day trying different solutions from the FAQ and community support forum.  I've uninstalled, re-installed, updated my Mac OS to latest, there's plenty of RAM, I've used the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool, restarted, reinstalled...still not working.  It's currently been stuck in the "needs to do some housekeeping" thing for hours!  HELP!!!  I've currently got 3 jobs needing to be finished or sent out and a new one coming up Monday. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe also quit the Crearive Cloud app and log back in, if you haven’t already. Also make sure that app is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had done this as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this solution, it seems to have worked, but I have lost all of the finished files I worked on yesterday   8hours of work from yesterday gone and another 8plus hours down the drain today trying to find a solution!!  Known issues and workaround

• When you launch Lightroom CC, it displays a message 'Updating: Lightroom needs to do some housekeeping.'. The progress bar below the message shows no progress even after several hours.

• Lightroom CC displays an error message mentioning '<SQLite database corrupt>'.
(Operating system: macOS only)
Follow the workaround steps below:Caution: Before you proceed with these steps, note that any edits or changes that have not finished syncing to the cloud may be lost. 
  1. Quit Lightroom CC.
  2. In the Finder window, choose Go > Go To Folder and type ~/pictures. Locate a bundle named Lightroom Library.lrlibrary.
  3. Right-click or control-click this bundle and choose Show Package Contents. You'll find a folder inside it with a long cryptic string of numbers and letters (for example: d1a4f88d2b534c7d91022136fd182532). Open that folder.
  4. In the folder, delete all the files named Managed Catalog.[anything]. Also delete the Previews.db file.
  5. Launch Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines